PDA

View Full Version : If I like Turtle Wax Ice... Then...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

clapperc
02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
I suspect this is not a new subject... But I searched here and could not find an easy thread to read. So here I go... Been using Turtle Wax's Ice for six months now and like it. First because it is so easy to use, no white residue on any surface, and no wax-dust. And now after six months of winter's salt... It has held up great. Also, on the advice of others I let the product cure 48 hours without exposure, and to expect the best result with repeated use.

Given all I like about Ice... What product(s) are better?

Feed back please

fairlady350z
02-22-2011, 08:51 PM
try Wolfgang's deep gloss paint sealant. Costs more than turtle wax, but looks a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottB
02-22-2011, 08:52 PM
liking products is purely an opinion. As Mike has often offered, use what you like and use it often. If you like ICE then use ICE.

longdx
02-22-2011, 08:58 PM
The topic of Turtle Wax seems to drive some people into fits. I remember when ICE first came out to much fanfare, however it was not durable and expensive compared to other OTC products. I do know that TW has revised the formula for better durability. (as an aside, I did pick up TW Ice spray wax and found it to be very good). If you are happy with the results, then you are ahead of the game.

However many people (myself included) are on the quest for bigger and better products/techniques to really improve our detailing experience. I have been fortunate enough to try several DP, Poorboys and Pinnacle products that I wound have never known about without this site.

PBoy
02-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Your LSP is a very small part of the equation.

It's all about the prep.

tuscarora dave
02-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Your LSP is a very small part of the equation.

It's all about the prep.
I agree with PBoy's comment and will add that if TW Ice lasts a month, then apply it bi-weekly and you can't go wrong.

clapperc
02-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Some really good points. Preparation is very important. Not to mention the type/age of the vehicle. And I too have learned a lot about detailing from this site; More as observer/reader. It's also fun to try new/different products... So this is why I ask! For me... The most complete wash ends with a coat of wax!

clapperc
02-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Lsp?

your lsp is a very small part of the equation.

It's all about the prep.

aerogt01
02-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Given all I like about Ice... What product(s) are better?

Feed back please

Optimum Car Wax and Opti-Seal come to mind. . .

Larry A
02-22-2011, 09:37 PM
I though that the Platinum line was better

Bates Detailing
02-22-2011, 09:38 PM
One small step better IMO that is OTC - Eagle One Nano Wax.... I have used ICE once and tossed it.... love the Nano wax though :dblthumb2:

Shawn T.
02-23-2011, 08:31 AM
TW isn't terrible. I have tested their cleaner/wax topped with their Super Hard Shell and it worked pretty damn well actually.

But, any of the sealants offered by AG will work fantastic. I would give Meguiars Ultimate Wax a shot.

After TW: (a little of TOGW....or mine......)

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1658/paint_after_waxing.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1658/FULL_AFTER.jpg

BobbyG
02-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Lsp?

Last Step Product

SeaJay's
02-23-2011, 08:51 AM
May want to give Collnite 845 a try. It's got great durability and it isn't overly expensive as some of the Menz & WG sealants can be.

cincibcat9
02-23-2011, 09:04 AM
My dad was using ICE for a few months. I brought over Collinite 845 and put a fresh coat of ICE on half the hood then a fresh coat of 845 on the other half. I then used the sheeting method on the hood and there was a noticeable difference between the two. Collinite 845 shed water much quicker and left less water than ICE.