PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clean Autodry System?

gotdetailing
02-22-2011, 03:48 PM
What do you think about the mr. clean autodry system? I know it's not a professional grade detailing product, but it sure makes cleaning the DD Durango a breeze. I have been using it for about 4 years and love the fact that I don't have to dry the Durango by hand and don't have to worry about water spots, but it does seem to leave a lot to be desired in terms of appearance. Any thoughts?

aerogt01
02-22-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't know about the Mr. Clean systems as I have never used it. Good car wash soap tends to sheet water off pretty well, making drying a breeze.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure the sig. link is a violation of forum rules.

Rhudeboye
02-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I picked one up form WOOT.com used it once. Wasnt impressed. It yours or anyone else who whats to try it so long as they pay for shipping.

rott3np3anut
02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't think it's necessary. As long as you have a decent wax and put it on regularly, water sheets just fine. Then, you can take a towel and touch up where there is still water. I use OCW, and there's barely any water left after sheeting. Drying just takes a few minutes.

C. Charles Hahn
02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
I thought the filtration canisters were no longer available for that system?

Not to mention I seem to recall people saying the wash solution would strip waxes/sealants....

Spicy McHaggis
02-22-2011, 05:23 PM
IIRC this was the "poor man's" version of the CR spotless system. I got one as a gift from an ill-informed relative and all I remember is it had very very low pressure for the rinse stage. Almost so low that it's wouldn't actually wash the suds off the car.

If you want to be able to let a car dry in the sun I say just get the CR spotless system, otherwise you just have to dry it the normal way.

SeaJay's
02-22-2011, 07:15 PM
I used this system once when I was younger (about 20 yrs old). I used it once and tossed it. I just didn't like it at all. The water pressure was really low and like Spicy said it was a pain to wash everything off. Definitely found that a car that has a good coat of wax on it will give similar results. I've never personally used the CR spotless system, but I would think that this would be a better solution.