PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driver Polish

Mike Burke
02-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Just looking for some suggestions on a DD polish......not really a AIO just a polish because I will apply sealant or wax on top....

I will either apply DP Poli-Coat, WG sealant and/or Colinite 854 or 476 on top.

Just wonder what would be a good polish to use AFTER Claying.

Not real concerned about getting rid of all the swirls .......just something quick and easy to use ...that will finish down nice and wipe clean..........and to get a good shine.

I will use a PC 7424

Would megs 203 & white work or maybe
a paint cleaner like Pinn paint cleansing lotion ?

LuxuryMobile
02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
What is the dd that your working on? Color, year, etc...

I know its a compound, but meg ultimate compound is so easy to use and can yield great results. Just a thought without knowing what your working on...you may want an AIO and just top it with a sealent or wax. XMT 360 is nice.

It all depends on what your goals are, if you just want to restore some color then a paint cleaner might be best, and they are real easy to use.

Mike Burke
02-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Oh....nothing specific

I have used Megs UC and really like it but always feel that I need to follow it with 205

I have used XMT 360....I find it a little touchy beings it says to work it till its gone and then ease up the last couple pass's. I'm not comfortable working a product till its dry.........maybe I need to practice with it more.

I have used Menz PF 203 but It seemed to leave behind a film that would smear if you rubbed you finger across it. Maybe I needed to wipe it with IP or MS.

Just wondering what some of the production work people are useing. I suppose most of them are useing rotary's.

SeaJay's
02-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Since your familar with it, I would try out the M205 on a light cutting pad. This will give you some cut to get rid of minor defects and give you a polished look that you can then top with your sealant or wax.

ScottB
02-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Poorboys Pro Polish

Dr Oldz
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Poorboys Pro Polish and a white pad is a good general combo and finishes very nicely! 205 is another great choice with a white pad if you are after a mechanical abrasive approach!

termigator
02-22-2011, 08:06 PM
I have found M205 and Menzerna Super Finish (PO106fa) to have the best combination of cut and finish. IMO, either one of these would meet your need as a DD polish and then some.:xyxthumbs:

cobalt9123
02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd use M205 and a Tangerine LC Hydro-tech pad.

If it were a show car you could follow up with P085RD on a gray finishing pad and have it shining like no other :dblthumb2:

Mike Burke
02-24-2011, 12:45 AM
I don't have any HT pads

Which would work better with leaving any micro scratches ?

White or Orange with 205

AFRich337
02-24-2011, 08:41 AM
I generally like to use a light cutting pad with Menzerna SIP on my G110V2. Super easy to work with.

cobalt9123
02-25-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't have any HT pads

Which would work better with leaving any micro scratches ?

White or Orange with 205

Which types of White or Orange pads?

If you haven't tried the HT pads..I strongly suggest you try them.

They don't last as long as regular pads, but they finish down extremely well :props: