PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

ChineseGuy
02-21-2011, 06:25 PM
hi all, can i use meg SwirlX to remove Horrendous ? and which pad should i use to remove Horrendous? :buffing:

BobbyG
02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
hi all, can i use meg SwirlX to remove Horrendous ? and which pad should i use to remove Horrendous? :buffing:

I'd like to help you and maybe you could help me.

Horrendous means horrible or horrific, I would use this to describe; "a horrendous earthquake shook the coast of India" as an example.

My guess is you may have horrendous swirls or other defect that you'd like to correct?

ChineseGuy
02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
i mean holograms, sorry for my poor English

BobbyG
02-21-2011, 06:43 PM
i mean holograms, sorry for my poor English

Not as problem at all, you should see me with Chinese!!

Swirl-X is a good choice for holograms. It's not as aggressive as Ultimate Compound but should work well when used with a white then gray pad on a dual action polisher..

ChineseGuy
02-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Not as problem at all, you should see me with Chinese!!

Swirl-X is a good choice for holograms. It's not as aggressive as Ultimate Compound but should work well when used with a white then gray pad on a dual action polisher..

Thank you so much BobbyG:xyxthumbs:

ChineseGuy
02-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Help, i still cannot remove the holograms from my car, i use Megs SwirlX and a white pad,but the hologram are still there. should i change to Megs UC or M105 with an orange pad? and M205 with white pad? need advice :(

jkk7479
02-22-2011, 10:20 PM
You can go more aggressive with Ultimate Compound on an Orange cutting pad and then finish down with Swirl X on a White Pad. I'm curious on your technique though. Are you using a DA? Are you applying ample pressure while making sure the pad is still spinning? What type of car are you using the products on? Did you do a test spot. Some pictures might also help.

Man I have been hanging around here too long.....I'm starting to sound like Mike Phillips or something...lol

:Picture:

ChineseGuy
02-22-2011, 11:48 PM
You can go more aggressive with Ultimate Compound on an Orange cutting pad and then finish down with Swirl X on a White Pad. I'm curious on your technique though. Are you using a DA? Are you applying ample pressure while making sure the pad is still spinning? What type of car are you using the products on? Did you do a test spot. Some pictures might also help.

Man I have been hanging around here too long.....I'm starting to sound like Mike Phillips or something...lol

:Picture:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0368.JPG i am working on my 2004 maxima, and i am using my PC to remove the hologram. I used SwirlX with the white pad to try to remove the hologram, but it didn`t work, i used my PC on speed 5 with medium pressure. :buffing: The red circle area is the hologram :(. I wash and clay the car before i start buffing.

ROMEO
02-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Do you have more pads?

C. Charles Hahn
02-23-2011, 12:12 AM
I would have to agree with the suggestion of picking up Ultimate Compound and/or Ultimate Polish if you can find it. Should knock those swirls out quick!

ChineseGuy
02-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Do you have more pads?
I have some 5.5" orange and white CCS pad, and Meguiars polishing pad

I would have to agree with the suggestion of picking up Ultimate Compound and/or Ultimate Polish if you can find it. Should knock those swirls out quick! i have the ultimate Compound , but UC is very aggressive product, so i don`t want to use it unless there no other option. I will try to use UC tomorrow. Thanks for your advise:)

ROMEO
02-23-2011, 12:53 AM
I might be wrong, but by looking closer at your pic it almost looks as if it might be chemical, if that is the case it might have gone into the clear.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture while on direct sun light with no flash on? It would allow many of the experts here to have a better look and be able to suggest a new approach...

But 105 on 5.5" orange pad should be able to take care of that. Do you have some 205 too???

ChineseGuy
02-23-2011, 01:35 AM
I might be wrong, but by looking closer at your pic it almost looks as if it might be chemical, if that is the case it might have gone into the clear.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture while on direct sun light with no flash on? It would allow many of the experts here to have a better look and be able to suggest a new approach...

But 105 on 5.5" orange pad should be able to take care of that. Do you have some 205 too???
I will take some photo tomorrow or the 2 days later because it is snowing over here :(, i have 105 and 205 as well, should i wet sanded that area if there is chemical?:buffing: I got a makita 9227c as well but i am worry about using it, because if i misuse the rotary, i will install more hologram with it. I got my w5000 wood pad, and 1500 grid sand paper.

jimmyjam
02-23-2011, 03:09 AM
Hi ChineseGuy,
Has the Maxima ever had a paint correction before? If not then I wouldn't worry to much about the aggressiveness of M105-M205. I wouldn't turn to SwirlX for a paint correcting agent IMO. I've used it for isolated scratches/swirls where a PC/Flex can't reach with positive results, but when I've tried SwirlX with a machine I wasn't to impressed with the results IMO again. What pattern are you using when working the product in while correcting? Like mentioned before spot test spot test spot test!! CCS pads are really good pads they're my go to pads, I hope you find the best method that works for you, and keep us updated!!

BobbyG
02-23-2011, 07:56 AM
I always suggest that you start with the least aggressive approach. From the photo it looks like the product did work but not enough for what you're trying to accomplish. Since the Swirl-X didn't seem to work now it's time to get a bit more aggressive.

Swap out the pad and product combination to an orange flat pad and use it along with something like Meguiar's Ultimate Compound or Meguiar's M105. Test a small section and see if this produces acceptable results.

Sectional passes are important and don't let the polisher sit in one spot too long.