PDA

View Full Version : help choosing backing plate!

93fox
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
ive been recently looking at the LC flexible backing plates for my Makita. ive read on other threads that Mike has said that backing plates are a really important thing when it comes to putting one on your machine! i am going to buy some Meguiars 6.5 inch pads and i dont know if i should get the meguiars backing plate for those pads or get an LC backing plate! is it necessary to use the manufactures backing plates for its pads or can i use other backing plates with it? what do you guys recommend i should do? buy the LC backing plate or the Meguiars backing plate for the meguiars 6.5 inch pads?
Feed back please

Harleyguy
02-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Ive been recently looking at the LC flexible backing plates for my Makita. ive read on other threads that Mike has said that backing plates are a really important thing when it comes to putting one on your machine! i am going to buy some Meguiars 6.5 inch pads and i dont know if i should get the Meguiars backing plate for those pads or get an LC backing plate! is it necessary to use the manufactures backing plates for its pads or can i use other backing plates with it? what do you guys recommend i should do? buy the LC backing plate or the Meguiars backing plate for the Meguiars 6.5 inch pads?
Feed back pleaseWhen I first started learning how to use a rotary more then one seasoned user of the rotary recommended this backing plate . since using it I've never bought another one . Works great with foam pads and the Kompressor pads .
Meguiars Solo Easy Buff W66 Rotary Backing Plate 6 Inch (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-solo-easy-buff-w66-rotary-backing-plate-6-inch.html)

LegacyGT
02-21-2011, 08:37 PM
I just bought one of these: Flex-Foam HD Rotary Backing Plate, circular polisher backing plate, backing pad (http://www.autogeek.net/hd-rotary-backing-plate.html) ... it should be here this week. I am pretty sure this was the one recommended by Mike to the 101/102 class.

I'll post my experience when it comes in.

93fox
02-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Im surprised how not many people have even suggested any help or anything.... As for you that haved, thank you for taking your time to suggest something!