PDA

View Full Version : Another guy going from GG to Flex

Rhudeboye
02-20-2011, 09:36 PM
After reading many reviews and comments it became clear that the Flex was the ultimate machine. I was quite happy with my GG and still feel its a good value for the money. But i was unable to acheive results on my black porsche that brought a smile to my face. I'm talking many many passes using different compounds. Nothing worked till I broke out the rotary and a 8" megs burgundy pad using UC. Then I followed with MegsSX using the GG.

I used the GG on my wife's Camry and it turned out fantastic. Car was only 2 years old at the time.

So the Porsche laid dormant over the winter. No car cover and little attention. I took it for a couple of drives here and there when the weather got about 35 degrees but never cleaned it. So I gave it a good bath and clay yesterday as the weather was pretty nice. Boy was it dusty, I've never gotten clay so dirty before. I then used the Flex, for the first time, on some pretty bad swirls on the hood. I used UC and a 6.5 org pad. Made only 3 passes, wiped and inspected. Swirls gone! :wow: I couldn't believe how well and fast the flex performed. I know other could but I couldn't achieve this with my GG. I then did the entire hood and side panels. Very pleased at how fast this thing corrects. I think its the balance and weight of the machine that adds to its success.

The one down fall is how this thing walks on you. It well behave for quite some time, then out of nowhere, it takes off down the panels and you find yourself fighting it.

Anyhoo. That's all I got. Just another happy customer.

Kaban
02-21-2011, 10:53 PM
I love my Flex. Can't wait for that new backing plate. Even if it is for 5.5" pads I'd still like to try it out! Plus smaller pads are cheaper and easier to control.

skipper1
02-22-2011, 07:47 AM
I don't regret getting a Flex 3401 at all. Like someone on here said, I wish Flex would make a 4" version. I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

BobbyG
02-22-2011, 07:57 AM
When I bought my Flex 3401 this past summer I hadn't prepared myself for the difference between "it" and my Porter Cable 7424; the difference was huge!

Improvements - Flex 3401 vs. Porter Cable 7424

Power
Balance
Controls
Time
Efficiency
Comfort
Noise

The only regret I have is not making the switch sooner...:props:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Flex3401.jpg

Rhudeboye
02-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Cost stopped me in the beginning. Down the road my financial situation didn't change. Rather I looked at the value of my cars and figured why look to skimp and save $100.00 (my gg kit was 200) on a tool to maintain several thousands of dollars worth of vehicles. Didn't add up