PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice re: polish/pads

Joz132
02-20-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm getting ready to take on a project with my 07 Corvette convertible (Monterey Red). Please keep in mind that I am a novice when it comes to machine polishing, but feel rather confident in my ability.

I have a few minor surface scratches on the deck lid (hard to see in daylight, but easy to identify under fluorescent lighting in my garage). Also have some minor swirling (entire vehicle) from improper towel use by previous owner.

I own a Griot's orbital along with their orange & red pads. I also have their entire polish line (1-4). I've had great success using various polishes in this setup on other vehicles, but haven't attempted on the hard clear coat of the vette.

Wondering if I need something more aggressive for the vette (polish/pads)?

The only thing I'm sure about is finishing with Natty's Blue, otherwise I welcome any/all input.

Thanks in advance.

soonervette
02-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm not too sure how Griots polishes/pads work, but I have had success on my '98 Vette using the Griots DA with LC Orange and White pads and Megs 105 / 205.
I'll usually lay on some Megs 7 Glaze and top with M 21. If I feel industrious, I'll top the M 21 with M 26 wax, but I used some Autoglym last time and it popped!!

I plan on trying the nattys Blue next.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

ScottB
02-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Menzerna SIP and 085rd, Wolfgang TSR and FG, and Megs 105 and 205 are all proven success on Vettes when using an orbital. Time and patience is needed ....

Street Rat
02-21-2011, 09:51 AM
I've had success on my Corvette with the Meg's 105/205 combination. I'm using the Lake Country Hydrotech pads. Cyan and Tangerine pads seem to work well on the hard clear coat.

Joz132
02-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I've had success on my Corvette with the Meg's 105/205 combination. I'm using the Lake Country Hydrotech pads. Cyan and Tangerine pads seem to work well on the hard clear coat.
Thanks!