PDA

View Full Version : advice again

StephenK
12-23-2006, 03:46 PM
i would like advice on the best products from this site i can get for $1000. please keep in mind i will be getting the PC with the $1000 also. willing to use products for double duty if i have to. need enough to do a good number of cars to make a bigger order next time. i already have 10 cars waiting for me to do. thanks once again for you help. i need it all. wax, glass cleaner, wash, sealeant, dressings, etc ....

sparkie
12-23-2006, 04:01 PM
wax- DP Max-Wax or Liquid Souveran
glass cleaner- Stoner Invisible glass
wash- Duragloss #901 (#902 is the gallon)
sealeant- Klasse AIO, DG#101, DG#105, or Liquid Glass
dressings- Black again, 303 or DG #201.....
These are products that I've use and like.

ScottB
12-23-2006, 06:34 PM
you dont need to spend 1000.00's to roll with the big boys, infact I can show you a kit that has everything but car wash to get you started. All work well, and all are easy for beginner and professional alike. Then you can add to it with interior, and tire/rubber dressing kits.

http://www.autogeek.net/popoprkit.html

justin_murphy
12-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Dude, killr is so right. You do not need to spend that much on supplies. I do this for a living and only spend half that in a month. You biggest comsumtive products will be tire dressing/wheel well dressing and degreasers. Car wash is the next.

For example, I have a tub of DP Max Wax. It has done over 60+ vehicles and is only half gone. The best bang for the buck for my business is the DP line. They have the best medium of quality and quantity for my work and customers.

StephenK
12-27-2006, 01:25 PM
the only glass cleaner i use is stoner. i still use yesterday newspaper with it. i just picked up some meg nxt gen paste wax. i got bored and had to use my walmart gift card on something. lol. and just for the hell of it i picked up turtle wax polishing and rubbing compound to. they were only $2 a piece. also got meg extreme shine. i am gonna steal, i meand borrow my step dads klasse aio and sealant he has sitting in the garage. not sure if it is any good still. he has had it for like 5 years. anyways, all i waiting on now is the my pc. i am hoping i will have pics soon for y'all.

Al-53
12-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Ditch the Turtle Wax compounds...they are like sand paper..stuff is horrible..thats why it is 2.00.....get the XMT polishes..will give better results and less headaches...XMT gives a nice crisp clear finish...like a shiny apple...the Turtle wax stuff will leave a nice dull finish with a ton of micro marring...

Also another good pick is the DP polishes and Swirl removers..and know what..they are on SALE..plus 20% off that..

Also the Optimum polishes and compounds are good...

but ditch the Turtle wax stuff...more harm than good....not all turtle wax stuff is bad..but those are...

Call geeks and talk to them and tell them your needs and they will set u up..and plus 20% off...a deal

AL

Jimmie
12-27-2006, 03:01 PM
After Killr's suggestion maybe focus on buying more tools, like Shmitts, microfibers (you said using "newspaper" with Stoner Glass), brushes, bottles & nozzles (to dilute stuff). Learning myself but my experience is that the right tool makes it all turn out better.

StephenK
12-27-2006, 06:36 PM
when i was 13 (21 years ago) one of the older men at the car show told me about using newspaper on windows. since i been using it i leave no lint or anything when done. i have used a few different microfiber towels and after a couple uses i leave lint. so for me i like the newspaper. thanks for the comment.

supercharged
12-27-2006, 06:58 PM
when i was 13 (21 years ago) one of the older men at the car show told me about using newspaper on windows. since i been using it i leave no lint or anything when done. i have used a few different microfiber towels and after a couple uses i leave lint. so for me i like the newspaper. thanks for the comment.
Wait 'till you try Cobra Waffle Weave Glass MF towel.