PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Restoration

ANGEL RAMOS
02-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I will be doing my first headlight resto today. I have my sandpaper and my Diamondite kit ready. I will be taking pics as I go thru the process hopefully I can get them up tonight. Hopefully the turnout fairly well they are pretty oxidized at the moment. The vehicle getting the treatment will be my 00 Grand Prix.

ANGEL RAMOS
02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
They look way better than they did before. There is some moisture on the inside of the lenses but I am satisfied with the overall results.

The process: Wet sanded the lenses with 600 grit followed up with 1000 grit then finished up with the Diamondite kit.

Before:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h142/gvillestunna05/004.jpg

After:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h142/gvillestunna05/014.jpg

Joe@Superior Shine
02-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Nice

mchant
02-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Jesus Christ! Your headlights looked like they were painted the same color as your car in the before picture.

On a more serious note, how did you like the Diamondite kit?

Joe@Superior Shine
02-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Jesus Christ! Your headlights looked like they were painted the same color as your car in the before picture.

I pray for a day where one can go on a forum and not have to read people post stuff like that.

You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

natewood70
02-19-2011, 12:03 PM
I pray for a day where one can go on a forum and not have to read people post stuff like that.

I really hope this doesn't open a can of worms on here....

2old2change
02-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Angel, check out the thread by HotRod and read about sealing those lamps now that you have cleaned them up. He has achieved about a two year successful test on some lamps without them turning yellow or hazing up again.

ANGEL RAMOS
02-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Angel, check out the thread by HotRod and read about sealing those lamps now that you have cleaned them up. He has achieved about a two year successful test on some lamps without them turning yellow or hazing up again.

Thanks for the heads up on the other thread I will definitely have to look into sealing my headlights using that method.

mchant
02-20-2011, 02:33 AM

Sorry about that comment. I didn't take it into consideration that I might be offending some people.

ANGEL RAMOS
02-21-2011, 07:52 PM

I have never used another kit prior to using the Diamondite kit. It seemed to do its job very well