PDA

View Full Version : Topped Souveran with Opti Seal and....

fredcandetail
02-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Holy Mother of Pearl!
I KNOW you are theoretically not supposed to lay a wax and then seal but rather the opposite but i did the front fender on my Black Tahoe just for kicks and did not see any adverse affects at all! Soooooo i said WHY NOT and did the whole thing and the rims!!!
I used the one of the four foam applicators that came in the Souveran and application was as easy as pie ... i noticed that every foot or so I would get a little streaking but a blow on the surface diminshed it ... i love this product as it self leveling and went on without a fight at all!
so now my debate is .... another application of OS or top the OS with Souveran again! HAHAHAHAHAH

Know here is my dilema... would/could/should OptiSeal replace Menz PwrLock, M21 and my AG HD?

natewood70
02-18-2011, 01:01 PM
:postpics:

sohail99
02-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I heard that with WOWA sealants you can layer it over carnaubas too!

+ its a great way to enjoy the depth and jetting of a carnauba without the excessive dust holding!!

Seriously, after I used OS and UPGP I didn't feel the need to break out conventional sealants!! + the applicator pads dont mess up after applying WOWA sealants! :D

fredcandetail
02-18-2011, 01:32 PM

if i only knew how! lol

rwright
02-18-2011, 01:39 PM
How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-do-different-types-things-ag-discussion-forum/21295-how-upload-photo-into-your-autogeek-photo-gallery.html)

fairlady350z
02-18-2011, 02:04 PM
just wondering...why is your avatar picture of what I am assuming is you with no shirt for a forum that has predominantly all male members? but to stay on topic, does the souveran under the sealant tamper with the bonding of the sealant to the CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwright
02-18-2011, 02:12 PM
...but to stay on topic, does the souveran under the sealant tamper with the bonding of the sealant to the CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have requested assistance from Chris@Optimum with this question, please stand by.

Chris Thomas
02-18-2011, 09:21 PM
The solvents used to deliver Optiseal to the paint will break the bond the wax has on the surface and as Optiseal cures the wax will readhere to the Optiseal layer. This is a perfect example of why we recommend a foam applicator and to just glide it over the surface. If you used MF in the situation or rub too much you may remove some of your wax, but that will not happen if the recommendations are followed.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk