PDA

View Full Version : Fresh bottle of Meguiars Showroom Shine split open!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Kristopher1129
02-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Got my Autogeek order in today. Everything was cool, except for one thing. I pulled out my bottle of #7 to find this...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/NED_330.jpg

Bottle looks like it's been dropped. But, it probably didn't leak right away. Even the slightest squeeze and it comes oozing out though. Not sure how much product I lost exactly. It was all over the "popcorn" stuffing in the box. What does customer service typically do in these situations???

TWEEDERTWEEK
02-17-2011, 07:55 PM
I have nothing but great things to say about AG's customer service. Contact them and let em know what going on. This was most likely the shipping company's fault (UPS or FedEx.)

BobbyG
02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Kris,

It's disturbing to open a box and find a product or item damaged. This shows how little the thugs who work for these shipping companies really care about the merchandise that goes through their company and keeping them employed....:nomore:

I'm sure someone from Autogeek will see this but shoot Matt or Dwayne an email appraising them of this issue..

They will take care of you very quickly....:props:

Kristopher1129
02-17-2011, 08:08 PM
I wonder how it even happened, cause it was well packaged. Completely surrounded by popcorn. Not only that it was padded by other products that I purchased as well. I fixed the hole with bondo hardener, haha Im the MAN

BobbyG
02-17-2011, 08:18 PM
If the box or internal components showed no signs of damage then it's quite possible that the container was damaged prior to it's being boxed up.

Another possibility is that the plastic container was defective even before it was filled with product..

FRC Z51
02-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Why not contact AG first and see what they have to say? It seems slightly unnecessary to make a thread first, though I do give you credit for not bashing AG like some other people do when situations like this arise. They will definetely take care of you. If the product is still good and usable, maybe you can work out a win/win situation with them, i.e. partial AG credit on a future order or something.

Kristopher1129
02-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Why not contact AG first and see what they have to say? It seems slightly unnecessary to make a thread first, though I do give you credit for not bashing AG like some other people do when situations like this arise. They will definetely take care of you. If the product is still good and usable, maybe you can work out a win/win situation with them, i.e. partial AG credit on a future order or something.

Well, the only reason I started a thread...was to see if anybody had a similar situation and how it got dealt with. If somebody says, oh they just told me there was nothing they can do. Then I'm not gonna make the call. Plus, I don't even know if it was AG's fault...I never said it was. It was more likely UPS throwing the box around like gorillaz fighting over a banana. They tend to not give a crap about what's in the box...as I'm sure we all know.

To me, calling AG right out the gate is sort of like blaming it on them. I doubt they'd give me a popped bottle of #7 on purpose. Or would they!? Maybe I made Mike upset with one of my comments! :laughing:

Harleyguy
02-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Why not contact AG first and see what they have to say? It seems slightly unnecessary to make a thread first, though I do give you credit for not bashing AG like some other people do when situations like this arise. They will definetely take care of you. If the product is still good and usable, maybe you can work out a win/win situation with them, i.e. partial AG credit on a future order or something.:iagree:I also agree with what was stated . I feel the only time someone should start a thread about a problem is when the company may it be AG or any other company doesn't address the problem . AG does something you rarely see these days and that's making sure there customers are more then happy with there service . I'm willing to bet one phone call to them they will make it right no questions asked .

ThirdgenTa
02-17-2011, 08:48 PM
If the bottle is anything like the one they use for ultimate quick detailer, they are extremely brittle. I dropped it from 2 feet and the top busted completely off and I lost all of it. It was a brand new bottle. I emailed meguires(even though I purchased it from autozone) and they sent me a new bottle no questions asked.

RTexasF
02-17-2011, 08:48 PM
What does customer service typically do in these situations???

Call and ask them?

juzzbrilliant
02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Hi, if the order comes to you via air, most probably it's the pressure that squeezes the content out. I experienced it once when I ordered Meguiars #21 from AG some time back.
Cheers.

Shineworks10
02-17-2011, 10:04 PM
If the bottle is anything like the one they use for ultimate quick detailer, they are extremely brittle. I dropped it from 2 feet and the top busted completely off and I lost all of it. It was a brand new bottle. I emailed meguires(even though I purchased it from autozone) and they sent me a new bottle no questions asked.

I've noticed that with Meguiars bottles in general too. I just try not to put it near anything heavy or drop it. My endurance tire gel cracked in my trunk while I was driving, assuming from the other bottles hitting it.

forrest@mothers
02-17-2011, 10:43 PM
If the bottle is anything like the one they use for ultimate quick detailer, they are extremely brittle.

Manufacturers are being "urged" to go with bottles made with less plastic, and to change the plastic type to PETE (#1 in the recycling symbol) as there is a better recycling stream for it.

The downside to being thinner and flimsier is sometimes easy to see - as the poster found out.

It's going to happen more frequently with all brands and bottles in my opinion.

ThirdgenTa
02-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Manufacturers are being "urged" to go with bottles made with less plastic, and to change the plastic type to PETE (#1 in the recycling symbol) as there is a better recycling stream for it.

The downside to being thinner and flimsier is sometimes easy to see - as the poster found out.

It's going to happen more frequently with all brands and bottles in my opinion.

It seems like my qd bottle is made of a hard thin plastic. I'm assuming it broke because there is nothing to absorb the impact. With other bottles they will flex a little when dropped, therefore absorbing the impact and they won't break as easily.
When I emailed megs kindly explained that I love using their products but I was dissapointed in the brittle bottle they used and that it broke from a 2 foot fall. I received a brand new bottle a few days later.

Kristopher1129
02-17-2011, 11:09 PM

Hmmm, maybe I should contact Megs instead then....

Hi, if the order comes to you via air, most probably it's the pressure that squeezes the content out. I experienced it once when I ordered Meguiars #21 from AG some time back.
Cheers.

I never thought of that. Makes sense though.

It seems like my qd bottle is made of a hard thin plastic. I'm assuming it broke because there is nothing to absorb the impact. With other bottles they will flex a little when dropped, therefore absorbing the impact and they won't break as easily.
When I emailed megs kindly explained that I love using their products but I was dissapointed in the brittle bottle they used and that it broke from a 2 foot fall. I received a brand new bottle a few days later.

I think I might call Megs after all, ha. I did notice that their bottles have that brittle plastic. I had a bottle of spray wax that was like that one time. I was on a step ladder wiping a roof down, and it slipped out of my hand. Shattered like glass...literally, ha.