PDA

View Full Version : Strong, safe, and affordable carwash soap??

Pages : [1] 2

D_Nyholm
02-17-2011, 03:44 PM
I am looking for a carwash soap that is affordable, safe yet STRONG. I've heard things about CG Citrus Wash and Gloss, but I have never used it. I personally use DG902 on my own cars, but they are kept pretty clean so I do not need a strong wash. This is for cars that I detail (strip of protection) and wash or wax. You all know the shape of some of these cars, i've unfortunately had to use some APC+ in the wash bucket on a few occasions when i was following up with a wax since the car was so dirty. Is there anything out there besides Wash and Gloss that I should be looking at or is that it?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Dennis

DLB
02-17-2011, 03:54 PM
For the occasional use on dirty customer cars, Dawn.

It isn't likely to hurt anything with a single wash (or 5), and will strip the wax. Very affordable, and very available.

DLB

rwright
02-17-2011, 03:55 PM
You can an APC to any soap solution to achieve similar results. I used to spray Optimum Power Clean 3:1 on paint, then wash with a mixture of 3oz Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate and 3oz. Optimum Power Clean. Now that I have a foam gun I use CG Citrus Wash & Gloss. In fact, I just ordered 2 gallons of it :).

D_Nyholm
02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Well, i am kind of looking for a one product approach to this. I like the idea of Citrus Wash and Gloss and how it can be a wash, a wax stripper, or a pre wash. I also need my standard wash soap to be stronger than the Duragloss 902. While I love it as a soap, it leaves a little to be desired on dirty cars.

I want to be able to use the same product to do my standard washes and then just change the dilution ratio to make it stronger. I'd prefer not to have to keep a bottle of Dawn in the car and I'm not sure I like the idea of using APC all the time. It just doesn't seem safe to me. :)I'm just not certain I am happy with what I hear about the Chemical Guys' claims for thier products. Is there another product that AG carries that has the same uses? Or is this the only one?

CleanGene
02-17-2011, 04:55 PM
I buy Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Clear buy the gallons. It's a great value, highly concentrated and cleans well. Also works well in a foam cannon.:dblthumb2:

Lasthope05
02-17-2011, 05:03 PM
I dont think CG CWG is going to help you much. You are better off using an oz or two of APC in your wash bucket. Even at stripping strength it barely stacked up to APC + regular shampoo. Dont get me wrong its a strong shampoo, but its not going to fully strip all lsp's if thats what you're looking for.

AeroCleanse
02-17-2011, 05:07 PM
If you want to really get in there and remove all the stuff, use one of the paint decontamination systems.

D_Nyholm
02-17-2011, 06:23 PM
If you want to really get in there and remove all the stuff, use one of the paint decontamination systems.
What is this??

Also, i'm necessarily looking for a product that will strip wax, though that would be nice. I'm looking for a stronger soap that will actually clean cars thoroughly for an affordable price. Some cars are VERY dirty and I cannot get it off with just DG901. I have to use APC. I'd like a soap that will be stronger than 901 without having to add anything to. I like the idea of the Citrus Wash and Gloss as it is SUPER affordable since it is super concentrated. Using a teaspoon per standard wash and an ounce for a detail sure is cost effective.

ScottZ
02-17-2011, 07:20 PM
I've never used apc in a wash, however CG citrus wash has always worked great for me at 2oz per gallon.

AeroCleanse
02-17-2011, 07:50 PM
What is this??

One of the products / kits

Finish Kare Paint Decontamination System, auto paint cleaning system, de-contamination solution (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-paint-cleaning-system.html)

D_Nyholm
02-17-2011, 08:20 PM
One of the products / kits

Finish Kare Paint Decontamination System, auto paint cleaning system, de-contamination solution (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-paint-cleaning-system.html)

Wow, pretty neat, didn't know that existed!! Thanks!

WRAPT C5Z06
02-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash(orange stuff) at 2 ounces per gallon is great. Not CG Citrus Wash and Clear, or Wash and Gloss, although they work, too.

rwright
02-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash(orange stuff) at 2 ounces per gallon is great. Not CG Citrus Wash and Clear, or Wash and Gloss, although they work, too.

I know Citrus Wash is available at a few places, but I was under the impression that Wash and Gloss was its' replacement. At least that's what one of the guys from CG said at SEMA, but who knows.

I don't understand the OP though, how is DG CWC not strong enough to remove dirt? If you are trying to cut through grease or oil then I can understand, but just normal everyday grime I find hard to believe. What are you using as a wash media?

WRAPT C5Z06
02-17-2011, 10:15 PM
A competitor sells it, but I buy it from the CG showroom.

Sent using Tapatalk

rwright
02-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I wonder why it's not on their site? Next time you go there, can you confirm if they plan to continue the product or if Wash and Gloss is its' replacement? Honestly though, I spoke to a guy at SEMA trying to figure out the purpose of Citrus Wash, Wash and Gloss, and Citrus Wash Clear. He replied "Wash and Gloss is replacing Citrus Wash". Thanks Mark.