PDA

View Full Version : Review: Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Polishing System - Hologram removal by Mike Phillips

Pages : 1 [2]

Blk5.0
05-18-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm sure this has been covered but can't seem to find it. With the new system i only want to buy to d300 and the cutting pads. They say it's recommend to use the backing plates would it hurt if I choose not to use there backing plate?

Mike Moore
05-19-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm sure this has been covered but can't seem to find it. With the new system i only want to buy to d300 and the cutting pads. They say it's recommend to use the backing plates would it hurt if I choose not to use there backing plate?

Some 5" backing plates may work ok. I believe the backing plate issue is heat.
Megs has tested their DA MF "system" with their backing plate and it works correctly.

Mike Phillips
02-24-2014, 11:27 AM
As far as correction goes, what depth of scratches and swirls is the DA system good for?

Shallow to medium swirls and scratches.

The random, isolated deeper scratches will remain. Some of these deeper scratches could be removed with more compounding but find a balance as to how far to go based upon the type of work you're doing, (production or show car), as removing more clear coat removes more paint overall and the UV protection in the clear layer of paint.

:)

Mike Phillips
07-31-2017, 09:21 AM
Mike Stoops answered a question just like this on MOL and he said that the Finishing Wax does contain a small amount of SMAT.

That technically would make it a cleaner/wax or a cleaner/sealant or even jeweling wax but not a finishing wax.

At least not if a person adheres to the definition of a "finishing wax" as a non-cleaning product to be used on paint that is in excellent condition or paint that has already been corrected and polished to the point that it is already in excellent condition.

I can see how a company could choose the word finishing to place in front of the word wax to imply that the wax "finishes" the job so to speak.

And that's the thing about the car wax world, there are no Word Police.

:laughing:

Natron
07-31-2017, 09:29 AM
If we ever get word police, I vote for Mike as our Chief. Thanks Mike

Mike Phillips
09-15-2017, 07:58 AM
If we ever get word police, I vote for Mike as our Chief. Thanks Mike

Yeah.... that's a job I don't want....

:laughing: