PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Meghan
02-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/32785-meguiar-s-da-microfiber-correction-system.html)

Mike Phillips with Jason Rose and Mike Pennington from Meguiar's, introducing the new DA Microfiber Correction System.

https://youtu.be/WhJYFLgIjhE

:)

silverfox
02-17-2011, 09:33 AM
OK....you know the obvious question at this point......:work:

05xrunner
02-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Ready to purchase...When will it be in stock?

aerogt01
02-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I have seen Feb. 25 at alternative retailers. . . But Autogeek usually beats them to the punch.

05xrunner
02-17-2011, 10:17 AM
sweet..this makes me wonder if I would even need my flex anymore..since the pads are SOO thin and would probably not make my PC bog down at all. I am going to be buying up some stuff when its released

aerogt01
02-17-2011, 10:24 AM
sweet..this makes me wonder if I would even need my flex anymore..since the pads are SOO thin and would probably not make my PC bog down at all. I am going to be buying up some stuff when its released

While he did not go into specifics, Meguiars said I would be "pleasantly surprised" by the correction of this system on my PC 7424 (non-XP).

I took this to mean is is a lot easier to correct using less power. The threads posted confirm this.

RaskyR1
02-17-2011, 11:30 AM

Correct! For the original PC you will probably have better results on a speed of 5. On the newer tools like the G110v2 you'd use a speed of 4. :xyxthumbs:

I liked using the system better on my PC vs. my Flex DA.

bova80
02-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Looks like good stuff, in for availability

Meghan
02-17-2011, 02:02 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmBACx72h4g]YouTube - D.A. Microfiber Correction System -- Description and Demo Process[/video]

Lasthope05
02-17-2011, 02:10 PM
It looks like a great system for all you DA guys but I've read a few reviews where they said M105 + shurbuf cuts faster and removes more defects. But then again I think a system like this could wreak havoc on the whole detailing system of least aggressive first. People will be too quick to jump into compounding and worry less about paint thickness.

rwright
02-17-2011, 02:21 PM
It looks like a great system for all you DA guys but I've read a few reviews where they said M105 + shurbuf cuts faster and removes more defects. But then again I think a system like this could wreak havoc on the whole detailing system of least aggressive first. People will be too quick to jump into compounding and worry less about paint thickness.

I believe the system was designed for the high volume shops, which I doubt are using M105+Surbufs constantly. Out of the reviews I have read, not one of them mentioned the use of a paint thickness gauge. I am curious to know how much paint the system is removing, as you have stated, there will be a lot of DA users to jump on this.

One vendor says Feb. 25th and another vendor says Feb. 22nd, so I would venture to say Autogeek will be somewhere in between. In all honesty, I'm surprised they are moving them as we speak! :D

BobbyG
02-17-2011, 02:30 PM
OK....you know the obvious question at this point......:work:

Well I can come up with two:

When will it be available?
What will be the cost?

RaskyR1
02-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I believe the system was designed for the high volume shops, which I doubt are using M105+Surbufs constantly. Out of the reviews I have read, not one of them mentioned the use of a paint thickness gauge. I am curious to know how much paint the system is removing, as you have stated, there will be a lot of DA users to jump on this.

One vendor says Feb. 25th and another vendor says Feb. 22nd, so I would venture to say Autogeek will be somewhere in between. In all honesty, I'm surprised they are moving them as we speak! :D

I did take some reading when I was working on the Subaru but I didn't see a change after the correction....granted I didn't use a laser pointer to measure the exact same spot, but I was in the same general area. Never thought of adding it in my review though. ;)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Raskyr1/Meguiars%20MF%20Review/IMG_0601.jpg

rwright
02-17-2011, 03:41 PM
I did take some reading when I was working on the Subaru but I didn't see a change after the correction....granted I didn't use a laser pointer to measure the exact same spot, but I was in the same general area. Never thought of adding it in my review though. ;)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Raskyr1/Meguiars%20MF%20Review/IMG_0601.jpg

Two things:

1) Why did I doubt you of all people?

2) That's impressive that it removed defects and didn't change the reading very much.

I have a feeling the upcoming season is going to be flooded with corrections using the new system. There are a lot of people here that do 1-steps, mobile, and volume work. I'm not going to lie, so far the system has impressed me but will not form an opinion until I have it in my hands and use it.

Thanks Rasky :dblthumb2:

*Note - My previous post
In all honesty, I'm surprised they are moving them as we speak! should have read: I'm surprised they aren't moving them as we speak.

RaskyR1
02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Two things:

1) Why did I doubt you of all people?

2) That's impressive that it removed defects and didn't change the reading very much.

I have a feeling the upcoming season is going to be flooded with corrections using the new system. There are a lot of people here that do 1-steps, mobile, and volume work. I'm not going to lie, so far the system has impressed me but will not form an opinion until I have it in my hands and use it.

Thanks Rasky :dblthumb2:

*Note - My previous post should have read: I'm surprised they aren't moving them as we speak.

No prob! Be sure to share your thoughts on the system when you get your hand on it.

P.S. It was interesting to see how thin the paint was on that Subaru....most my reading were in the 80-90 micron range prior to correction! :eek: