PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Audi X2
02-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by M.P Cobra Fan

I am across the state from you, and am going to order the starter kit once it is put out for order. You are more then welcome to come on over to Naples and try it out one weekend.

I guess that makes two of us in Naples that plan on buying the kit :xyxthumbs:

Harleyguy
02-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Yea Jon, I get the whole "trying to adjust" using the Surbufs. When I first got them I had the damndest time trying to figure out the best way to use them to achieve maximum results. I have just in the past couple of months finally figured out a method using these that produces maximum gloss. I suggest you have a few more test sessions before throwing in the towel with these

Adam, Jon is an outstanding young man. He is definately a giver and not one of these blood sucking, backstabbing, cutthroat, sellout, fake leaches that are all to common to the Forum World

BTW...How have you and your family been doing. I haven't seen you around much as of late. Is that new business taking off any? I think its a fabulous idea, and if your looking for someone to sell for you, I would be intrested in learning more about said product. I have had about all the fun I can stand detailing. It has become soooo boring to me :surrender:Flash a big Thanks for asking .Things are going good some really big changes going on at work and hopefully for the better . As far as the Business it's my nephews ang my Broher in laws business but my son is also trying to promote it . Never know if it takes off like it's suppose to I certainly will keep you in mind .

I am across the state from you, and am going to order the starter kit once it is put out for order. You are more then welcome to come on over to Naples and try it out one weekend. Much Thanks I really have a pretty good handle on detailing but from time to time people like to try things before they buy it .I actually have had some forums members over the house to try what I own and I own way to much for how many cars I do . Are you coming to Detail Fest ? If so we will get together for sure . Just look for the guy with the cookie tins LOL or ask Megan .

Originally Posted by M.P Cobra Fan

James K
02-19-2011, 10:53 PM

Wow! I did not know that any one else on here was from Naples! Did you go to Cars on 5th last weekend? That was an amazing show!

Flash a big Thanks for asking .Things are going good some really big changes going on at work and hopefully for the better . As far as the Business it's my nephews ang my Broher in laws business but my son is also trying to promote it . Never know if it takes off like it's suppose to I certainly will keep you in mind .

Much Thanks I really have a pretty good handle on detailing but from time to time people like to try things before they buy it .I actually have had some forums members over the house to try what I own and I own way to much for how many cars I do . Are you coming to Detail Fest ? If so we will get together for sure . Just look for the guy with the cookie tins LOL or ask Megan .

I plan on going. It really depends on my schedule though. I work in Ft Stewart, but live in Naples. Our schedule is crazy. I am an Army Instructor, and it all depends if we have an academy going on if I can come down. I will let you know if I do.

Audi X2
02-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by M.P. cobra Fan:

Wow! I did not know that any one else on here was from Naples! Did you go to Cars on 5th last weekend? That was an amazing show!

No, unfortunately we were out of town for the day, but After seeing pictures from the event I can't believe I missed it.
Next year I will make sure I am there!

Buddy

Sunshyne
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
waiting for the whole package to be released. I might consider this system for use on my own cars since time and space limitations are a consideration for me

any value to the "removing too much paint" complaint on this system?

I am a novice and plan to do my own cars which are not too bad and friends as they need it done

weavers
03-01-2011, 11:05 PM
has anyone heard about meg 101 foam cut: It suppose to cut more than m105 and finish better. That is exactly the kind of product I want. Something slightly stronger than m105 and a bit cheaper.
http://tapa.tk/mu/a6cd08b1-bc5e-afe6.jpg

davey g-force
03-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Why would anyone go through all the expense on this system when its been documented by some of the selected testers that Surbufs performed better :dunno: I wanna go forward, not backwards

Flash,
Do you mind giving us a link to those comments about the Surbufs? Thanks. :dblthumb2:

C. Charles Hahn
03-02-2011, 01:22 AM
has anyone heard about meg 101 foam cut: It suppose to cut more than m105 and finish better. That is exactly the kind of product I want. Something slightly stronger than m105 and a bit cheaper.

Not sure where you got that it would finish better than M105, but regardless that product is a Europe-and-Asia-only product (as I was told directly by Mike Stoops @ Meguiar's).

I suppose we might be able to import it back from a vendor in the UK or the like, but I question if it would even be necessary.

john b
03-02-2011, 01:25 AM
i have been waiting for some more reviews

Audi X2
03-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Originall posted by Shiny Lil Detlr:

Not sure where you got that it would finish better than M105, but regardless that product is a Europe-and-Asia-only product (as I was told directly by Mike Stoops @ Meguiar's).
I remember reading this before and with all of the products Meguiars has I would be interested in knowing why the M101 is a Europe only product? Is this for marketing purposes, or is it due to product formulation?

Audi X2
03-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I just found the answer posted elsewhere by Michael Stoops:

As for M101 Foam Cut Compound, that's another product designed to address some cultural differences. In many parts of Europe the detail section of a car dealership is held in very high regard. How many times here on MOL, or other US based detailing forums, have people warned very sternly about having a car dealer detail your car? Well, go to Germany and in many cases the detail area of the dealership is the nicest part of the whole organization! But they almost never use wool pads, it's always foam. And the foam pads tend to be very thick. Backing plates are very different too. So, we developed a specialized liquid to work with the type of pad and the type of paint that is so common to that part of the world.

C. Charles Hahn
03-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Well, the MF system is now sitting here on my desk ready for use and review... hopefully I'll get to it over the weekend!

Mister B
03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Just got mine today.

Now I need the weather to warm up a little bit to get out in the garage and test it out.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1760/DA_MF_System_1.JPG

RaskyR1
03-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Nice! Can't wait to start seeing other people reviews/opinions of it. :props:

James K
03-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I picked some up on Monday @ AG. I tried it out there and liked it. Hard to tell 100% with the limited play time I got, but I should be doing a care with it in the next week or so.