Awesome System!

Mike, that was an interesting last 15 seconds haha :xyxthumbs:

C. Charles Hahn
02-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Well I can come up with two:

When will it be available?
What will be the cost?

Uh, the cost is known. Just look here:

Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System, paint polishing system, car polish, car detailing system, compounding system, remove scratches (http://autogeek.net/meguiars-da-microfiber-system.html)

weavers
02-17-2011, 06:17 PM
The new Meguiars DA system is on sale at detailing.com I got an email from them yesterday. It looks like an almost perfect system. The reviews all seem positive, but I would like to see some side by side 50/50 shots with other systems. Say surbuff+m105, or with lake country pads(hyrdro or ccs/flat) or Menzerna polish.

I wonder how well the MF pad works with other polishes, say ultimate compound or m205. I am really interesting in maybe buying this system. It cost a bit more than I would like to pay, and it sounds to good to be true. professional results guaranteed every time. I also wish they would of color coded the pads a bit more, dye the mf or have a different color silk/velcro, also a self centering system like the hyrdro pads would of been nice.

Edit, what size backing plate is recommended for the 5" pad? Also Mike said that backing plates can really affect the overall performance, any links to this? I thought a backplate was a backing plate. I have only seen really firm ones and a few soft ones that conform to edges.

Also does the finish wax do any correction? From the videos it sounds like a very mild finish polish, cleaner and wax. An All in one, is that right?

VISITOR
02-17-2011, 06:24 PM
The new Meguiars DA system is on sale at detailing.com I got an email from them yesterday. It looks like an almost perfect system. The reviews all seem positive, but I would like to see some side by side 50/50 shots with other systems. Say surbuff+m105, or with lake country pads(hyrdro or ccs/flat) or Menzerna polish.

I wonder how well the MF pad works with other polishes, say ultimate compound or m205. I am really interesting in maybe buying this system. It cost a bit more than I would like to pay, and it sounds to good to be true. professional results guaranteed every time. I also wish they would of color coded the pads a bit more, dye the mf or have a different color silk/velcro, also a self centering system like the hyrdro pads would of been nice.

Edit, what size backing plate is recommended for the 5" pad? Also Mike said that backing plates can really affect the overall performance, any links to this? I thought a backplate was a backing plate. I have only seen really firm ones and a few soft ones that conform to edges.

Also does the finish wax do any correction? From the videos it sounds like a very mild finish polish, cleaner and wax. An All in one, is that right?

same here, they seem to have the best prices thus far...

C. Charles Hahn
02-17-2011, 07:00 PM
same here, they seem to have the best prices thus far...

Good thing AG does price matching, then! :props:

STI4Life06
02-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Wow I cannot wait to use this! Especially now that I know the paint thickness won't affect the paint on my Subaru which, has the softest paint ever.
:xyxthumbs:

Spicy McHaggis
02-17-2011, 07:33 PM
What are the advantages of this system over surbuf pads that are almost half the price?

LuxuryMobile
02-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Ive been pretty happy with surbuf pads, with 105 and UC.

I dont know if I'm convinced enough to switch over.

RaskyR1
02-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Wow I cannot wait to use this! Especially now that I know the paint thickness won't affect the paint on my Subaru which, has the softest paint ever.
:xyxthumbs:

That will actually depend on how long you polish. Just because I didn't see a noticeable change doesn't mean you wouldn't If you polished a lot longer in the same area. Removing defects means removing paint. ;)

RaskyR1
02-17-2011, 07:52 PM
What are the advantages of this system over surbuf pads that are almost half the price?

longer pad life. I can do a whole car with 1 MF pad and D300. ;)

Mike Moore
02-17-2011, 08:07 PM

This Megs DA MF system had me on...no taping, drying, flashing, misting or dusting like M105 & wiping off is easy.

That alone is worth my extra ten bucks!

STI4Life06
02-17-2011, 08:54 PM
That will actually depend on how long you polish. Just because I didn't see a noticeable change doesn't mean you wouldn't If you polished a lot longer in the same area. Removing defects means removing paint. ;)

I don't need to much correction anyways so it should be fine. That "removing the paint" saying is scaring. :nomore:

RobZ71LM7
02-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Very nice review Mike!

Looks like a great system and makes me wonder about my recent purchase of 32oz of M105. But I think for me M105 and a combination of different pads may be better since this system removes a lot of paint and is made specifically for high volume reconditioning where excess paint removal may not be a concern. Most of my work is on my own vehicles and I think this would be too aggressive unless I was working on a customers neglected car.

I do think this has a lot of potential for color sanding work with a DA. Would that be correct?

Can the aggressiveness of this product be toned down by a lower number of passes or less pressure and still finish nice because it's SMAT? All the other factors seem to very fixed with the compound (pad mat'l, speed/opm, etc.)

rwright
02-17-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't need to much correction anyways so it should be fine. That "removing the paint" saying is scaring. :nomore:
But it's the truth and people need to keep that in mind. Rasky is very, very experienced and his results most likely represent the "best scenario".

Spicy McHaggis
02-17-2011, 10:06 PM
This Megs DA MF system had me on...no taping, drying, flashing, misting or dusting like M105 & wiping off is easy.

That alone is worth my extra ten bucks!
I don't even know where to start with this statement...No taping? Flashing? Misting? ### are you even talking about? M105 isn't the mysterious product that everyone thinks it is. there is a learning curve, but it isn't that difficult...

To Rasky: Thanks, good to know the pads will last for a while. I don't think I will get much use out of this system, but any advancement in the detailing field is good by me. :props: