PDA

View Full Version : New year, new pads! But which?

StoneRaizer
02-16-2011, 07:49 PM
With spring on the horizon here in the frozen tundra of eastern Ontario, Canada I'm starting to prepare my shopping list. I own two each of LC's 5.5" CCS orange, white and black. It seems however that the popular opinion is to use Flat pads with the PC7424XP, so I'm going to try those out.

For waxes and polishes, I currently own Optimum Hyper Compound liquid, Optimum Polish II liquid, Optimum PoliSeal, Meg's Ultimate Compound and Collinite 845IW. I'm planning on adding a bottle of Optimum Hyper Compound spray and maybe some Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant as a special treat for my car.

I'll be working on my silver 2002 Hyundai Accent, my Dad's 2003 medium gray Chevrolet Malibu, my brother's beige 1995 Nissan Pathfinder and maybe my cousin's brand new white 2011 Honda Civic.

AG sells 6 packs of flat pads for $34.99 so I'm thinking of ordering two packs for a total of 12 pads. Based on the products I'm going to be using and the cars I'm going to be working on, what would be a good mix of orange, white, black and blue pads?

Thanks AG!

LegacyGT
02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
For the PCXP I would highly recommend the thin profile hydro-tech pads. I have had great success with the 5.5 low profile HT pads on the PC.

Flash Gordon
02-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I would wait on this new Megs system. I have a funny feeling there going to be released very soon