PDA

View Full Version : "Blinded by the Light"

ShaunD
02-15-2011, 09:19 AM
I know this is probably very amateur of me, but, I just got the Brinkmann Maxfire last week and the first night I used it I was seeing spots until morning. Does anyone having any input on the best method of aiming the Maxfire with out beaming yourself and still getting the best swirl-finding? I have a pewter metallic S10, and it seems like it like an incandescent light shows the best on my color paint. Holding the Maxfire angled away from to get the orange-ish spectrum of light seems to working too. Does anyone have issues with lighting with similarly colored paint or lighting in general? I know this is probably a weird thread and a no-brainer to most on here. But, I PM'd Mike and he said he was at a loss and that a thread would probably be appropriate.(Not to name drop on you Mike.lol) I was debating on getting one of the combo halogen setups from Lowe's to use for area that don't get the overhead lighting in my garage. But, has anyone found any particular lighting besides the previously mentioned that would be better for finding swirl/scratches/defects, and be good general lighting for a garage? Thanks for any input fellow AG'ers.Feed back please