PDA

View Full Version : Washing wash mits

shrtbull
02-14-2011, 07:26 PM
How often do you all wash your wash mits?

Thanks
Gary Im the MAN

rott3np3anut
02-14-2011, 07:49 PM
After each use.

ScottZ
02-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Usually every other wash...unless the cars are unusually dirty or salt covered, then after every wash

pfix
02-14-2011, 08:25 PM
After each use.

Matt S.
02-14-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't actually "wash" my mitt. I clean it out in a bucket of clean water with a Grit Guard (just as if I was rinsing between panels during a wash), wring it out thoroughly and slip it over a soda bottle or something similar to prevent cuff damage.

oldmodman
02-14-2011, 08:54 PM
After each use.

Yep.

After each use.

Yep again.

I don't actually "wash" my mitt. I clean it out in a bucket of clean water with a Grit Guard (just as if I was rinsing between panels during a wash), wring it out thoroughly and slip it over a soda bottle or something similar to prevent cuff damage.

And this is how to do it.

Unless I actually get something in it that requires actual cleaning.
Like a blob of grease that was thrown up from the road and was hiding under the drivers side fender lip:eek::mad:. If that happens I will actually wash the mitt to get the grease off.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
02-14-2011, 09:49 PM
After each wash I throw my mitts and WW in the washing machine

mdb917
02-14-2011, 10:06 PM
After each wash.

I still use sheepskin mitts so I'm not sure if this is important with Microfiber but after my sheepskin mitts are washed in a washing machine (extra gentle cycle on my Maytag) I turn them inside out and hang to dry.

I have had mixed luck washing sheepskin mitts. One brand literally falls to pieces during a wash cycle, other brands seem to last for a season.

weavers
02-14-2011, 10:18 PM
After each use. I use a grout sponge and to clean it I take a few drops of dawn dish soap and a soft bristle brush. A few minutes of scrubbing and rinsing out and its like new.

If I am washing a couple of cars, say 2 or 3 I may reuse the same sponge and reuse the ONR bucket. I will typical use two sponges and may use two buckets, one for rinse and one for ONR.

Matt
02-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I rinse it with water till the shampoo is out of it at the end of each wash session then lay it on a bath towel to dry.

shrtbull
02-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks everybody!
Gary

05RLS2
02-15-2011, 12:48 AM
After each wash.

I still use sheepskin mitts so I'm not sure if this is important with Microfiber but after my sheepskin mitts are washed in a washing machine (extra gentle cycle on my Maytag) I turn them inside out and hang to dry.

I have had mixed luck washing sheepskin mitts. One brand literally falls to pieces during a wash cycle, other brands seem to last for a season.
Which brand Sheepskins have you had luck with lasting a whole season in the wash? I'd like to find a durable sheepskin mitt, but I have been using the Eurow mitts so far. I don't think I'd trust them once in the washing machine

slickooz
02-15-2011, 12:54 AM
I throw my mf and wash mitts in the washing machine and use micro restore. They come out brand new and very soft.

Matt
02-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Which brand Sheepskins have you had luck with lasting a whole season in the wash? I'd like to find a durable sheepskin mitt, but I have been using the Eurow mitts so far. I don't think I'd trust them once in the washing machine

I have been using a Meguiar's sheepskin mitt for the last 2 years and it's just like day one.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/906/ImageUploadedByTapatalk1297752714_580080.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/27931)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse any grammatical errors