PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

Big Ed5150
02-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Hey all,,was wondering some of your thoughts on the glass cleaning kits out there. What are you preferences. I see alot of good things about DP stuff etc. help me out all.

Thanks

mcpp66
02-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Hey all,,was wondering some of your thoughts on the glass cleaning kits out there. What are you preferences. I see alot of good things about DP stuff etc. help me out all.

Thanks

I really like the Diamondite Glass Cleaning system and the DP Glass Restorer. As far as sprays go I've used DP, Diamondite, Sprayway, and Meguiar's Nxt Generation and all have done a fine job for me.

builthatch
02-14-2011, 03:40 PM

Thanks

for just general glass cleaning, dragon fiber type glass microfiber (doesn't lint EVER and polishes well) and meguiars glass cleaner concentrate at 4:1 with distilled water. i keep gallon milk containers filled with the mixture to save time. one gallon is like 15 bucks, and you have to spend a couple more on the distilled water - that all makes 5 gallons of REALLY high quality window cleaner. my wife even uses it around the house as a light surface cleaner for appliances, etc and of course for glass.

i haven't found anything better yet for general interior/exterior glass cleaning.

Big Ed5150
02-14-2011, 04:12 PM
cool keep the info coming

mad666max_
02-14-2011, 08:13 PM
invisible glass

/end thread

ScottB
02-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Dp Glass Restorer, Stoners Invisible Shine, Aquapel and some Glass WW MF towels. Perfect combo !

kalalex
02-15-2011, 03:51 AM
for just general glass cleaning, dragon fiber type glass microfiber (doesn't lint EVER and polishes well) and meguiars glass cleaner concentrate at 4:1 with distilled water. i keep gallon milk containers filled with the mixture to save time. one gallon is like 15 bucks, and you have to spend a couple more on the distilled water - that all makes 5 gallons of REALLY high quality window cleaner. my wife even uses it around the house as a light surface cleaner for appliances, etc and of course for glass.

i haven't found anything better yet for general interior/exterior glass cleaning.

Pardon my ingnorance but what's dragon fiber type glass microfiber?

HeavyMetal
02-15-2011, 07:53 AM
+1 more for Stoner's Invisible Glass. Been using it for years. The spray bottle is like 3.97 at Wally World. Add in the 6 pak cheapo microfiber towels - they don't lint and they pass the CD test.

PAR Detailing
02-15-2011, 08:04 AM

I use my Megs Glass at 10:1 and it works wonderfully. Why do you use it at 4:1? If you havent tried it at 10:1 I say give it a shot you might not have to go through it as quick. Just spitballing here

Jon

dad07
02-15-2011, 08:08 AM
I use my Megs Glass at 10:1 and it works wonderfully. Why do you use it at 4:1? If you havent tried it at 10:1 I say give it a shot you might not have to go through it as quick. Just spitballing here

Jon
:iagree: at 10:1 one gallon makes 11 gallons....and smells good too!

mcpp66
02-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Pardon my ingnorance but what's dragon fiber type glass microfiber?

I think that's the competition's microfiber brand.

builthatch
02-15-2011, 07:09 PM

Jon

oh crap, i do use it at 10:1! i'm sorry, i got mixed up with my OID process.

thanks!

and dragon fiber might be the brand name but it's a different type of glass cloth. it's not a waffle weave and does not lint AT ALL. the cobra waffle weave glass clothes are easy to use but they will lint, especially if you dry buff if any manner or rinse/dry/reuse. these other ones have two sides, both are almost silky, but one is smoother than the other. i use the rough side with spray, wipe...and then use the smoothest side to buff.

ShaunD
02-15-2011, 07:21 PM
If you can get a hold of the stuff that Safelite Glass repair co. uses then you would satisfied. I think it's close to, if not the same thing as Sparyaway aerosol. Don't forget about the ol' trusty vinegar and newspaper.

CleanGene
02-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Another vote for Meguiar's Glass Cleaner 10:1. I doubt if I ever run out of the gallon I have, but that's ok. Works well for me.

Scott DeBrun
02-15-2011, 08:17 PM
If rail dust is the problem I definately recommend DP glass restore it works great.