PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Question- Actually a Couple Questions

ShineTimeDetail
02-14-2011, 02:23 PM
So I have a few questions. I was at the detail 101 and 102 and with the polishing we did the first day mike said he would usually charge $300 just for the exterior of the car. I understand he's a pro but do you guys charge that for polishing the outside of a car?

Also when you guys do high end cars like $80-100 + cars do you guys charge more than say a normal everyday car?

Just curious. Thanks!

Grizzly
02-14-2011, 04:06 PM
I remember when Mike posted on MOL that he would charge $300 for 12hrs of work on the exterior paint of a vehicle.

Which IMO is fair.

Maybe make it $250 for a really small car or if the job only takes eight to ten hours. It depends really.

I could not look myself in the mirror every morning if I charged more just because the car is worth more.

Not a good way to do business IMO.

LuxuryMobile
02-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I could not look myself in the mirror every morning if I charged more just because the car is worth more.

Not a good way to do business IMO.

I agree with this statement. Take pride in your work, charge what you think its worth, and give each car the same amount of attention to detail as the next, regardless of its value.

Alot more clients have $20-50kvehicles than $80k and above vehicles. You will also find that the $20-50k range are alot more appreciative of your work IMO. There are of course exceptions.

jimmyjam
02-14-2011, 05:15 PM
So I have a few questions. I was at the detail 101 and 102 and with the polishing we did the first day mike said he would usually charge $300 just for the exterior of the car. I understand he's a pro but do you guys charge that for polishing the outside of a car?

Also when you guys do high end cars like $80-100 + cars do you guys charge more than say a normal everyday car?

Just curious. Thanks!

Hi Tom,
A true paint correction is true work!! If you're working a surface for 10-15hrs then $200-$400 is fair price depending on size /condition and so forth.. It truly is allot of skill, endurance, and love that goes into these vehicles.:dblthumb2:

Grizzly
02-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Also keep in mind that a $150 - $200 one step on daily drivers are nice to perform as well.

Wash
Clay
One step
interior
tires/wells

etc....

5-8 hrs.

It would probably take all day to knock two of them out but you would at the very least be making $300 in one work day.

jimmyjam
02-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Also keep in mind that a $150 - $200 one step on daily drivers are nice to perform as well.

Wash
Clay
One step
interior
tires/wells

etc....

5-8 hrs.

It would probably take all day to knock two of them out but you would at the very least be making $300 in one work day.

:iagree:

Kristopher1129
02-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Mike probably took you into a lot of paint correction. When it comes to correction...I charge about the same. But, most customers don't want to pay that, and are typically happy with the one step polish, and wax. It really breaks down to how busy you wanna be.

You'll have more customers willing to pay $150-$250 for a full detail in and out, with a one step. At least that's what I've experienced with my shop. That was a big reason I added Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum (paint correction by estimate) packages to my menu. It helps spread the customers out, and creates a broader demographic. That way, you put the decision in their hands how far they wanna take it.

I find that even the people who are leaning towards a simple bronze package...are still intrigued by what the Platinum includes. You never know, they might know somebody who would pay that Platinum price at the drop of a hat.

Prices IMO also reflect your experience. If you have no customers, no feedback, no "word of mouth", no real experience, and aren't a good salesman. You would have a tough time getting someone to pay up that kind of dough in the beginning. Once you've been around the block...it comes easier. :dblthumb2: