PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Glass...need some feedback please

silverfox
02-13-2011, 08:46 AM
I've heard very little on AG about the Liquid Glass products, specifically the "Auto Polish/Finish" product. To hear others talk about this on other various Internet forums and online retail outlets, you'd think it was the greatest thing in the detail arena...yet I haven't read much about it here, where the experts seem to hang out.

The product seems to be a bit unique to say the least in so far as using liquid clear carbon...sounds great, but why so little about it mentioned an AG?

Just curious...

BobbyG
02-13-2011, 09:26 AM
I tried it about 10 years ago and thought it was OK at best and haven't tried it since. I'm not degrading it in any way but I like many of the other product I've bought through Autogeek allot better....:props:

Would I ever try it again? Sure, but only through a free sample.....

nopassing
02-14-2011, 08:05 AM
For many years I used it on my painted, clear coated yellow wheels and in the barrels too. Big improvement over Carnauba Wax that made the brake dust stick. Now I use DP Wheel Glaze. Even better.

Crazy Amos
02-14-2011, 09:18 AM
I love it and it lasts at minimum of 5 months. I too wonder why it isn't talked about much....

FUNX650
02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
I've heard very little on AG about the Liquid Glass products, specifically the "Auto Polish/Finish" product. To hear others talk about this on other various Internet forums and online retail outlets, you'd think it was the greatest thing in the detail arena...yet I haven't read much about it here, where the experts seem to hang out.

The product seems to be a bit unique to say the least in so far as using liquid clear carbon...sounds great, but why so little about it mentioned an AG?

Just curious...

For msds go to: Household Products Database - Health and Safety Information on Household Products (http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=brands&id=12003001)

Also, while there, click on "products with similar usage in this database". You'll find some products similar to Liquid Glass carried/sold at AutoGeek.

rfinkle2
02-14-2011, 04:39 PM
the funny thing about lg is that it might have the most (#of) reviews on autogeek's store!

BillyJack
02-14-2011, 05:43 PM
I bought some about 30 years ago, recommended by some of the Corvette guys I autocrossed with. At the time my favorite wax was Classic Slipstream. I tried it a few times on my 'Vette and didn't see any improvement over the Classic. I wound up using the remainder on daily drivers and company cars.

Bill

jkk7479
02-14-2011, 05:59 PM
the funny thing about lg is that it might have the most (#of) reviews on autogeek's store!

That is what made me purchase it. I used it on my friends car and it took a while to get it off. I went over it with Collinite 845 and talk about a shine. Just do it one panel at a time and follow the directions. I still prefer WGDGPS plus Souveran over this combo, but that is just me.