PDA

View Full Version : Door Trim - Everything sticks to it

ryanbabz71
02-13-2011, 07:06 AM
The body colored door trim on my truck and tahoe is like a fly trap. Everything sticks to it (road debris). I can get it clean it is just a PITA. I apply DP poli-coat and top it usually with nattys and this still seems to not help. Any ideas what to use on the trim to help keep things from sticking to it?

Thanks!

CEE DOG
02-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Just use a sealant and leave the wax off that specific part.

TLMitchell
02-13-2011, 12:35 PM
The body colored door trim on my truck and tahoe is like a fly trap. Everything sticks to it (road debris). I can get it clean it is just a PITA. I apply DP poli-coat and top it usually with nattys and this still seems to not help. Any ideas what to use on the trim to help keep things from sticking to it?

I use Collinite 845IW on my white truck and after driving in the rain it doesn't even look like it needs washed unless you look close. Bugs wash right off the front with nothing more than a soapy mitt. Extremely bright shine on lighter colors and less 'stickage' than anything else I've used.

TL

Dr Oldz
02-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I have to agree with the two above post! Just a sealant or the 845 will help! Nubas have a tendency to attract more dirt than sealants or 845!

Rsurfer
02-13-2011, 01:19 PM
:iagree:Use a strong apc to clean the old wax off and use a sealant. I like to use Aqua Wax spray sealant cause you can get way back by the hindges and not have to wipe as the AW will dry clear. And it's so easy to use.

Old Tiger
02-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Corey is spot on as usual!

Jokeman
02-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Good luck, its not just you, every GM that comes into our shop has the same issue with the trim. You can try to clay it and polish it carefully since the fake chrome will wrinkle. Best bet is to just remove it all together.

ryanbabz71
02-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Its not chrome it is body colored.

C. Charles Hahn
02-14-2011, 09:24 PM
I'd have to agree with these guys, just leave the wax off. I have the same issue on my Sierra if I put wax over the sealant on trim parts.

Grizzly
02-14-2011, 10:14 PM
The newer trucks are like that.

07-present.

Notice how grey they look on a black truck after a while.

They need to be clayed more often than the actual paint.

I know because I have an 07 Ext Cab.