PDA

View Full Version : Car Brite

Pages : [1] 2

ALLN1WASH
02-12-2011, 10:27 PM
What up AG?
As I was wrapping up my last vehicle today, was approached by a local distributor of "Car Brite" supplies. We talked for about 30 minutes as he tried to convince me that his products were superior to my current, "Auto Magic". Granted I only use the distributors for basic cleaning products(apc, glass cleaner, dressings, air fresh, etc).

His products were a bit more expensive, but he assured me that they were well worth it. We tried a tire dressing on the car and it turned out very nice.

Im actually thinking about re-upping my supplies with Car Brite Anyone use or have experience with this line?

Please give me a little feed back and let me know what I'm getting myself into.

Lasthope05
02-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I like Car Brite's sleek. It's a polish thats really good for one steps. It has light/medium cleaners and lots of fillers. I usually use it on cars that are going to be sold.

tuscarora dave
02-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I like Car Brite's sleek. It's a polish thats really good for one steps. It has light/medium cleaners and lots of fillers. I usually use it on cars that are going to be sold.
I would assume that this product is designed for rotary use, have you used it with a DA at all such as the PC or the Flex 3401?

Lasthope05
02-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I would assume that this product is designed for rotary use, have you used it with a DA at all such as the PC or the Flex 3401?

It can be use by hand, rotary or DA. And, yes I have used it both with my DA and rotary and both seem to work exactly the same. It is a bit different to use than a normal polish in that you work it in and let it haze/dry before you buff it off, hence the heavy fillers.

cobraa
02-12-2011, 11:24 PM
never been impress with car brite. I would stay away. and use meguiars instead!

Fast Eddie
02-12-2011, 11:34 PM
I've used a few car brite products and they weren't that bad. I've used the sleek and laser shield, these aren't products I would use on serious details, but for more production work like used cars and such they work just fine.

JonMiles
02-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Car Brite has a pretty amazing wheel cleaner. The rest of their stuff is just average. I'd personally just pick up the Megs Detailer Line...better products means better results which leads to more business.

Rsurfer
02-13-2011, 02:33 AM
Car Brite has a huge detailing line and is owned by Valvoline.

ALLN1WASH
02-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the insight fellas. Any of you try their purple tire dressing? Want to know how it compares to Megs hyper dressing since Jon suggest I roll with Megs detailer line. Better yet, what do y'all think about the hyper dressing itself.

Fly bye
02-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Car Brite has a pretty amazing wheel cleaner.

Acid based, or non acid based?

JonMiles
02-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Acid based, or non acid based?

non-acid wheel and tire cleaner.

David Fermani
02-16-2011, 02:05 PM
What up AG?
As I was wrapping up my last vehicle today, was approached by a local distributor of "Car Brite" supplies. We talked for about 30 minutes as he tried to convince me that his products were superior to my current, "Auto Magic". Granted I only use the distributors for basic cleaning products(apc, glass cleaner, dressings, air fresh, etc).

His products were a bit more expensive, but he assured me that they were well worth it. We tried a tire dressing on the car and it turned out very nice.

Im actually thinking about re-upping my supplies with Car Brite Anyone use or have experience with this line?

Please give me a little feed back and let me know what I'm getting myself into.

I'd stick with Auto Magic if I were you. I compared both the costs and performance of both product lines for years and found AM to be superior. I do like CB's Laser Bright & Mist N Shine though. :dblthumb2:

trhland
02-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I'd stick with Auto Magic if I were you. I compared both the costs and performance of both product lines for years and found AM to be superior. I do like CB's Laser Bright & Mist N Shine though. :dblthumb2:
carbrites purple dressing is nice iv heard. if u like the wet look for tires..

David Fermani
02-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Smells good too but slings like no other. It's a very thin solvent dressing too.

Kaleb G.
02-16-2011, 04:14 PM
We use Car Brite at work, and I'm starting to like them more than I originally did. Their Cherry Bomb car soap is good stuff, and I like the different dressings that they offer. The degreaser they sell works well. Only thing I've used that I don't like at all is the wax. They have multiple types of each kind of product, but I can't remember what all we use except the Cherry Bomb.