PDA

View Full Version : Flitz + steam cleaner = quick, awesome results!

Kristopher1129
02-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Title pretty much says it all, ha. I had the random opportunity to detail a snowmobile today. I've done one before...but they never usually come in.

Anyways, the customer was concerned with the grime built up on the aluminum side steps, the tunnel on the engine, and other random parts. I then informed the customer of the tedious work it takes to polish aluminum. Asked if he was willing to pay up for this service. He didn't seem to crazy about paying more.

He said he was only getting it done to sell it. He had no desire to make the aluminum look like chrome. So, I busted out my steam cleaner, and the Flitz Pre-Clean for aluminum. The results were awesome just with the Pre-Clean alone. I sprayed it on all the aluminum parts, let it sit...then blasted it clean with the steam. Worked great! Just wanted to share this little experience of mine.

I never tried the pre-clean before today...but it really does a fantastic job of breaking down all the surface grime. Buy it..it rules.

C. Charles Hahn
02-12-2011, 08:53 PM
:postpics:

Perfections
02-12-2011, 11:54 PM
:postpics:

Agreed! I wanna see :)

Kristopher1129
02-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah yeah, I know! I only have one pic though. I'll get it up on here. I was gonna take more pics, but I was kinda pushed for time. been busy at the shop as of late. I'll get the pic. Hold your horses! lol :xyxthumbs:

Kristopher1129
02-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Here's the one pic I have. Took it just before the customer got there. Those aluminum side steps were pretty much black before. I really wanted pics of the engine. It just wasn't in the stars that day to take pics, ha.

I promise, next aluminum job I get will have tons of pics!! P.S. this pic was with my phone...so it's not the greatest.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Perfections
02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Cool looks good :)