PDA

View Full Version : Edge Wave Foam Pads

vipervin
02-12-2011, 01:51 PM
How do you properly use the Edge 2000 wave foam pads? I bought one pad for my 7424 and noticed it doesn't actually rotate when I am applying the polish on the paint. It just seems to vibrate as I move across the panel. The original flat pads work pretty well and do spin. Is this normal for the wave pads?

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/yellowwaffle.jpg

BobbyG
02-12-2011, 02:17 PM
:welcome:To Autogeek Online!

If too much pressure is applied than you'll stop the pad rotation. With a permanent marker draw a line on the back of the pad to make it easier to see if the pads rotating. Try easing up on the downward pressure and see if this helps.

vipervin
02-13-2011, 01:06 AM
:welcome:To Autogeek Online!

If too much pressure is applied than you'll stop the pad rotation. With a permanent marker draw a line on the back of the pad to make it easier to see if the pads rotating. Try easing up on the downward pressure and see if this helps.

The thing is... I am not putting any pressure at all ! Just the weight of the PC alone is causing the pad to stop rotation. I have to physically lift the PC up slightly to make it rotate. ...now that can't be right.

kronos
02-13-2011, 01:21 AM
What speed are you running the PC at? Should be 6.

vipervin
02-14-2011, 12:16 PM
What speed are you running the PC at? Should be 6.

I am using Klasse AIO and I thought I remembered reading somewhere to use speed 4. But I will give 6 a try, thanks for the tip!