PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about lifting up my blazer!!! Help?

Pages : [1] 2

ExoticAutoDetai
02-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Hey there,
Well I own a 93 Chevy Blazer 4.3L V6

Need help on selecting a good lift kit!
I saw a 6" Lift kit for around $500 it includes :

*Front: Lifted leaf springs
*raised steering arm
*Rear blocks
*Brakeline relocation brackets
*U-bolts
*Add a Leafs
*Front & Rear Hydro 8000 shocks

Not sure it is a good kit

or maybe you guys can help me put a good kit together by buying the parts separated instead. As for the brakes what other upgrades i am looking at other than the extended brake lines??? Feed back please

JonMiles
02-11-2011, 11:56 PM
That seems like a very basic lift. What kind of suspension does the front end of your blazer have?

sspudnick
02-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Are you commited to a 6" are you willing to go lower? Who makes the lift kit you mentioned? What size tires do you want to run? Off-road use or street queen?

You can save a lot of money going with some coils, spindles, and shackles. Your stock shocks will work with that setup.

There are many forums for your truck (same thing as an s10) online with tons of information on this subject. Check it out before you buy anything.

tuscarora dave
02-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Does your Blazer have independent front suspension and CV joints in the front end or is it a straight axle & differential? If it has independent front suspension and CV joints it has torsion bars instead of leaf springs. Suspensionmaxx.com has some interesting looking indexible torsion bar keys for lifting the front end.

tuscarora dave
02-12-2011, 08:46 AM
It appears that your year Blazer has torsion bar front suspension. Something that I am seeing is that 92-93 Blazer has a 2 bolt idler arm, whereas the 93-94 Blazer has a 3 bolt idler arm. Be sure of what you have before ordering any kits

trhland
02-12-2011, 09:15 AM
i wouldnt go to high ur asking for front end issues. but go for a lift for sure .:xyxthumbs:

ExoticAutoDetai
02-12-2011, 10:08 AM
That seems like a very basic lift. What kind of suspension does the front end of your blazer have?

I'm not sure what kind of suspension I got, I know my rear has leaf springs an the front doesn't. My rear looks higher than my front plus the vortec weight makes the front look even lower. I am assuming is stock height I bought it how it looks now. I will take pictures now. That way I can get help better.

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

ExoticAutoDetai
02-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Are you commited to a 6" are you willing to go lower? Who makes the lift kit you mentioned? What size tires do you want to run? Off-road use or street queen?

You can save a lot of money going with some coils, spindles, and shackles. Your stock shocks will work with that setup.

There are many forums for your truck (same thing as an s10) online with tons of information on this subject. Check it out before you buy anything.

Is 6" bad? The lower I would go is 4-5". The lift kit I mention is sold on ebay. I would like to keep the same tires I got which is wrangler A/T . I would like everything to be off road.

ExoticAutoDetai
02-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Does your Blazer have independent front suspension and CV joints in the front end or is it a straight axle & differential? If it has independent front suspension and CV joints it has torsion bars instead of leaf springs. Suspensionmaxx.com has some interesting looking indexible torsion bar keys for lifting the front end.
Honestly I'm not sure I'm going to post up pictures in a bit.

ExoticAutoDetai
02-12-2011, 10:12 AM
i wouldnt go to high ur asking for front end issues. but go for a lift for sure .:xyxthumbs:

How high would you recommend? What you mean by front issues?

tuscarora dave
02-12-2011, 11:14 AM
It's probably very similar to this. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfBqLSTn7Rw]YouTube - Silverado 2500HD Torsion bar and body lift[/video]

ExoticAutoDetai
02-12-2011, 11:53 AM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/48983c2c-ba1d-64a1.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/48983c2c-ba58-a724.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/48983c2c-ba87-945a.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/48983c2c-baa2-9ca1.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/48983c2c-bace-5658.jpg

tuscarora dave
02-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Oh it's an S-10, I was thinking full sized. Yeah you've got torsion bar front suspension. Re indexed torsion bar keys will give you maybe 3 inches of lift, combined with a lift block or +3" springs in the rear and then a body lift of a few inches would probably be your best and cheapest route to combine looks with reliability.

ExoticAutoDetai
02-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh it's an S-10, I was thinking full sized. Yeah you've got torsion bar front suspension. Re indexed torsion bar keys will give you maybe 3 inches of lift, combined with a lift block or +3" springs in the rear and then a body lift of a few inches would probably be your best and cheapest route to combine looks with reliability.

What brand offer good parts to the ones you mention?

How much am I looking to spend just in parts?

tuscarora dave
02-12-2011, 01:02 PM
What brand offer good parts to the ones you mention?

How much am I looking to spend just in parts?
There are so many different companies that offer lift kits. I am no off road enthusiast and I am definitely not a pro within the industry but i see it as, the parts are steel and manufactured with lifting a truck (which is extra stress on all parts) as the intended purpose so I would think any company specializing in lift kits would work. I haven't done any research on S-10s but for my Safari van, for a 4inch lift I am looking at about $1500 in parts to do it right. However... My van is a 95 so to do it right I have to replace the 41" torsion bars with the stronger more reliable 35" torsion bars which in itself costs about an extra $500.

A detailing forum is definitely not the best place to get answers for your lift project so I suggest looking into some 4x4 off road forums for answers or maybe you can find some S-10 specific forum to ask in.