PDA

View Full Version : XMT Finishing Glaze and OPT Poli-Seal

PRB
12-21-2006, 09:58 PM
After reading some of the threads and product description in the store, I'm curious about Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze.

It has some carnauba and also cleaners, right? It's non-abrasive, correct? I wouldn't use this product to work out minor spiderwebbing, would I? Any examples of where a person might use this product?

I've also read about Poli-Seal, from Optimum. It seems that people are calling it a finishing polish with some protection added. Is that accurate? I've read where some people use that as a last step after more aggresive polishing steps because it is durable on its own.

abrcrombe
12-21-2006, 10:02 PM
A glaze's main purpose is to enhance the finish. Whether used to darken it or hide some very minor swirls, a glaze works well. A glaze does not have any protective properties, so a topper is required. I recommend a nice wax, because a sealant over a glaze may have some durability and bonding issues.

PRB
12-21-2006, 10:11 PM
The XMT Glaze says that it can stand alone, due to carnauba content. I understand the theory on glazes, but this one seems different than the traditional product I'm familiar with using.

abrcrombe
12-21-2006, 10:54 PM
I guess that would work, but if you are going to the trouble of using a glaze, might as well top with a wax imo.

ScottB
12-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Opti-Seal is actually a polish with protection. My original beta bottle shows it was carnauba based, not sure of final product. What I do know is it has some healthy polish in it that diminishes quite quickly. I would call it an ALL IN ONE. Poorboys Polish w/ Sealant is most similar.

XMT Finishing Glaze is like a finishing polish (very light abrasive quality) with carnauba content. You would not use it for all out polishing. I would not consider it a pure glaze (fillers, and oils for wetness only) either. It is best used after one of the XMT polishes and before the carnauba protection.

Nica
12-22-2006, 09:33 AM
This is good information, please if anyone else knows more please post. I've been curious about this as well.