PDA

View Full Version : just got in my Pinnacle Souveran and ....

Pages : [1] 2

fredcandetail
02-11-2011, 07:06 PM
sooooooooooo after a week long delay and my wax being stuck in frigid temps and me checking UPS tracker every five mins IT ARRIVED !! yaaaay
Todays detail was a 2006 G35 sedan in black ... washed, clayed, 151 and then (we'll call it .. PinnSov'd) :D and to say the least i was impressed, a little ... well alot!
Right off the bat I notice the smell of what I think are a high concentration of Petroleum Distillates ... Anyone else notice this? or is that smell the white brazilian wax?
None the less it went on really nice, very clear and really darkened the black and did infact give it a very very nice wet look!
Cant wait to try it out on my black tahoe that got a 3 step last week 105-205-MenzPLck and now PinnSov!

Matt
02-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Very nice, can we see some photos? It sounds, as trhland puts it, "yummy".

I have the P21s 100% carnauba, and it smells slightly peppery.

fredcandetail
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I didnt take any pics as this was supposed to be a one stepper and just just topped it for fun .. well because the owner was really hot :P
so it was more of a "in and out" kinda deal :D
BUT doing a 2011 Blue Mustang that I'm gonna seal with eith M21 or MenzPlck and top it with PinnSov tommorow and take some pics!

fairlady350z
02-11-2011, 09:10 PM
did you get the paste or liquid? did you have any issues that you were worried about related to freezing temps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottB
02-11-2011, 09:36 PM
let it sit in the sun a little bit and warm, youll love the depth and wetness.

fairlady350z
02-11-2011, 09:57 PM
let it sit in the sun a little bit and warm, youll love the depth and wetness.

hmmm, never thought that heat would effect the looks of it. I know your not a chemist, but any idea on why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredcandetail
02-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Had zero issues with it being in the frigid temps... A little tap on the bottom and it came right out.
The car was detailed in 40 degree weather with full sun so it felt 60+ and there was ZERO issues
Love this stuff!

BobbyG
02-12-2011, 07:07 AM
hmmm, never thought that heat would effect the looks of it. I know your not a chemist, but any idea on why?

This is very common with many most petroleum based waxes

I think what's happening is the sun heats up the wax partially melting it after initial application allowing it to flow evenly and increasing its gloss factor.

Just my opinion but this is also true with waxes as inexpensive as Collinite 845.

ScottB
02-12-2011, 08:21 AM
This is very common with many most petroleum based waxes

I think what's happening is the sun heats up the wax partially melting it after initial application allowing it to flow evenly and increasing its gloss factor.

Just my opinion but this is also true with waxes as inexpensive as Collinite 845.

sounds about right to me ... it does "seem" to only be related to 'nuba based waxes. :props:

CleanGene
02-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Still waiting to use my Souveran. Picked it up during the holidays but am trying to make it to Spring to do a full detail. DAMN you Old Man Winter!!!!:mad:

trhland
02-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Very nice, can we see some photos? It sounds, as trhland puts it, "yummy".

I have the P21s 100% carnauba, and it smells slightly peppery.

yummy yes!!!

trhland
02-12-2011, 09:24 AM
let souveran sit on your paintwork for a while it really gives an awesome look the longer it sits...

fredcandetail
02-12-2011, 10:46 AM
let souveran sit on your paintwork for a while it really gives an awesome look the longer it sits...

hmmmmm i thought it was WOWO? Being that i did understand that i did a panel at a time advancing to the next and then coming back abt 3 mins later and wiping it down and had great results.

BobbyG
02-12-2011, 11:16 AM
hmmmmm i thought it was WOWO? Being that i did understand that i did a panel at a time advancing to the next and then coming back abt 3 mins later and wiping it down and had great results.

What Tom's referring to is once Pinnacle Souveran's been applied and buffed its glossiness continues to improve after it sits for a while, especially in the sun....

I added the sun Tom...:props:

fredcandetail
02-12-2011, 02:04 PM
thats a pretty interesting thought ... "the paint will get glossier baking in the sun" ... and im assuming that it would have to be re-buffed with a MF?