PDA

View Full Version : Skill vs tools

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

LuxuryAutoSpa
01-17-2012, 09:36 PM
:dblthumb2:
Nope. Bobby was dead on.

Look at it this way. If a millionaire said detail my car, right now, and ill pay you 10 grand. You have no tools or product of your own, just a wallmart (they carry Megs but not the full line) Could you achieve a mirror like finish with no PC, Flex, Menza, DP, pressure washers etc. Just your skill working with entry level products.

If you can come extremely close by hand or with the cheap knock off low powered polisher Then id say skill is up near the 90% mark. if you simply cant do it with basics then product must be over 60%

For me. Product is currently around 65% as Im still learning and trying new things. My cars are looking better but so is my skill.

Skill is a given because, I work at a shop and we have low line local chemicals and i feel as though i still pruduce stunning work on a day to day basis. Know they dont provide me the pro tools and chemicals, nor tools even though in my personal garage i have those pro tools "cyclo - flex on the way' but i dont get paid for that so basic is what it is

tmoore
02-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Ive read post concerning tools vs skills. What about products? Are brand names such as Pinnacle or Meguires always better than the more basic product lines especially to someone starting out new in the business and trying to cut cost?