PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars All Season Dressing Question...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
02-09-2011, 03:48 PM
When sprayed on plastic wheel wells, will it dry without drip marks(without wiping with a MF towel)? Megs hyper dressing dries nicely, but doesn't last. I really like CG bare bones, but it has to be wiped with a MF towel, or it dries with drip marks. Doesn't really bother me, but if ASD dries "clean", I might give it a shot.

Grizzly
02-09-2011, 05:08 PM
It actually does dry quite clean.

It also helps by spraying in the well on an angle if you will.

Maybe try not to oversaturate the area either or that will lead to drips.

On small vehicles with tight access, I spray ASD and use a flashlight to make sure I get everywhere and even above the tire.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-09-2011, 05:31 PM

On small vehicles with tight access, I spray ASD and use a flashlight to make sure I get everywhere and even above the tire.
Thanks. :xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
02-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Is it a lot more durable than hyper dressing?

Grizzly
02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I think it is but only to a degree.

I drove 30 miles in a clients vehicle to deliver it and the roads were a little salty but yet dry and the wells were still very black with only a light coating of salt on them.

If it were HD it would have looked a little washed out.

All depends on the material in the wells too.

Old Tiger
02-09-2011, 07:23 PM

I agree with Griz! I use a garden Sprayer with the wand on a flex tube. I bought one made for cleaning vinyl siding so its cchemical resistant. Cost abought $17 at Lowes but it is well worth it! The wand gets where a bottle cant and mists well. Works great on the XLR so will do well on your Vette IMO. Hope thiss helps!

Old Tiger
02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I think it is but only to a degree.

I drove 30 miles in a clients vehicle to deliver it and the roads were a little salty but yet dry and the wells were still very black with only a light coating of salt on them.

If it were HD it would have looked a little washed out.

All depends on the material in the wells too.
Very true Griz! Works fantastic on the Rhino type stuff on my Ford!

VR8
02-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I like the All Season Dressing in the wheel wells. If I see drips or runs I'll use a heavy weighted paper towel to wipe it clean. Much better than using my microfibers.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I like the All Season Dressing in the wheel wells. If I see drips or runs I'll use a heavy weighted paper towel to wipe it clean. Much better than using my microfibers.
Why is it better than using a MF?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

WRAPT C5Z06
02-09-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree with Griz! I use a garden Sprayer with the wand on a flex tube. I bought one made for cleaning vinyl siding so its cchemical resistant. Cost abought $17 at Lowes but it is well worth it! The wand gets where a bottle cant and mists well. Works great on the XLR so will do well on your Vette IMO. Hope thiss helps!
Thanks Jimbo! Does it spray a fine mist?

Rsurfer
02-09-2011, 09:47 PM
When sprayed on plastic wheel wells, will it dry without drip marks(without wiping with a MF towel)? Megs hyper dressing dries nicely, but doesn't last. I really like CG bare bones, but it has to be wiped with a MF towel, or it dries with drip marks. Doesn't really bother me, but if ASD dries "clean", I might give it a shot.I use BB a lot and never had drip marks unless not enough product is used.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Have you used ASD?

I use BB a lot and never had drip marks unless not enough product is used.

Rsurfer
02-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Yes and it lasts longer then HD.
Have you used ASD?

jlb85
02-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Why is it better than using a MF?

I would say just to not get ASD onto the microfiber! It is nasty stuff and resistant to water and soap.

I keep a roll of "public bathroom" style drying paper for your hands, and have used it for ASD, but I tend to just use junk MF more than anything else. Paper has a tendency to break up if the surface is not smooth enough. Still, I have to admit I should just use a few more sheets of paper. What I end up doing is not wiping after ASD at all ;)

The ASD will definitely leave drips, and the stuff is a little viscous so you can't just crack open the sprayer head and get a little ASD flow. Further, too fine a mist and it just floats in the air all over the car. I will run the spray head more open than say APC or Degreaser, both to shoot ASD farther and to minimize overspray.

But it is more lasting than HD by far.

The ASD leaves a lingering smell I can't shake, and it lasts forever (durability!). So I spray outside the garage or clean the floor afterwards (ASD is very slippery and tends to stick to concrete, and will stain it). FK1 #1119 also has a smell I can't take much of. I have stopped to clean off bottles and totes, and thrown away the MF just to not have to smell it in the truck the whole way home.

So for summer time on my nice (and almost all clients') cars I prefer HD since it is water based, less messy, less smelly. But for winter, nothing beats ASD. I drench the truck's undercarrige during the last detail of the fall, and engine bay. Bare Bones has a less strong smell IMO, much more tolerable (but still a strong smell). The ASD seems to trump BB in shine, though. The BB is more matte. We have just started to get into our bottle of BB. We had 3 gallons of ASD to use up first (bought one, loved it and though I would use much more, bought 2 more gallons, got sick of it), but I like the BB mucho.

Grizzly
02-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah, the smell is a bit too much.