PDA

View Full Version : Black car, not covered... best way to keep it nice?

CheM
02-08-2011, 07:37 PM
I just got a 2005 black corvette,. It has very minimal amount of swirls as the previous owner did a great job at keeping them to a minimum

Unfortunately where i live, i have a private driveway but no garage.

I drive the car 2 nights a week to the gym, and on weekends to go out.

In the past i washed my car on fridays and it looked good all weekend.

My question is...

would you guys recommend a car cover? or would that make things worst?

What would be the best way to keep the car looking good without me having to get a garage?

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/thechemists/IMG_20110122_150333Large.jpg

bill57
02-08-2011, 07:41 PM
So where is the car, and what kind of weather will it be in?

BobbyG
02-08-2011, 07:44 PM
I would cover it.

I store my C5 Z06 indoors and it's covered.

An outdoor cover with a soft flannel or Microfiber inner layer that sits against the finish. The soft layer on the inside protects the finish and the sturdy exterior layer protect it against the elements like rain and snow.

Covercraft Car Covers offer protection and an attractive fit in a variety of fabrics & patterns! dustop, evolution, cover craft, truck, custom, (http://www.autogeek.net/carcovers.html)

CheM
02-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Car is in my driveway at home most days..... Not a daily driver, i have my saturn or bike for those duties. I do use it a few times a week for the gym and weekends.

Southern california, no bad weather for the most part.

Flash Gordon
02-08-2011, 07:57 PM
I would continue as you are already doing with the once a week washing and limited driving

Not a car cover fan

bill57
02-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Then cover it as BobbyG suggests.

ScottB
02-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I would wash it often and use proper washing and drying techniques. You can certainly consider covering (check city ordinances when parked on street) it with a Covercraft Weathershield or Noah. Consider the lock kit too !

Flash Gordon
02-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Then cover it as BobbyG suggests.

If it rains and then the sun pops out while your away, your going to regret it

Southern Stang
02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm not much of a cover fan either...I ended up scratching and doing more harm than good.

Kristopher1129
02-08-2011, 08:27 PM
IMO, if it's going to be outside...I wouldn't cover it. I've had to repair scratches and scuffs from many vehicles that had a cover on while being outside.

The windy days will wiggle that cover around on your paint and cause minor damage. It's repairable damage...but still damage. If you've got the space...I would look into a pop up shelter or something of that nature. Just an idea!:xyxthumbs: