PDA

View Full Version : Poli seal/polish topped with Collinite...

supercharged
12-21-2006, 11:38 AM
This question is for those who already used Optimum Poli-Seal.
I was thinking of using "Justin's Formula" of mixing Poli-seal and Optimum polish 75/25 to do a one step cleaning/polishing my dad's work truck. Then top it off with a good durability carnauba wax (476S, or 845, haven't decided yet).

The question is - will Poli-seal limit Collinite's durability. Will it be better to rewash or 50/50 alcohol/water mix wipe down for maximum durability of Collinite waxes? Anybody laready tried this combo before? I know Max Wax will look great on dark green, but I'm looking for maximum durability. And am not planning to use a sealant, as it might start raining this holiday season. (probably won't touch that truck 'till after Christmas, but was hoping to get it done before New Year).

Thanks in advance.

Surfer
12-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Poli-Seal is still a light polish/sealant combo correct? So once it sets it's like a sealant if I'm not mistaken after using it to polish etc. The OP might diminish it's durability somewhat though. I don't see a problem putting Collinite over it, I love #915, have some 845 I want to try as well. Saw somebody witha silver car post pics of RMG with 845 topping it, I don't think I've ever see silver look so good before, not even with Souveran or Natty's Blue over a glaze on that color, just had an awsome reflective/wet/deep glow to it.

Al-53
12-21-2006, 01:53 PM
You should have no problem going over poli seal with Collinite....Poli seal is a polymer/carnauba based product...it will not diminish the durability of the collinite...do the poli seal...12-24 hours later do the collinite..and your set.....

AL

Russecu
12-21-2006, 02:13 PM
I just used Poli-Seal then topped with Souveran last night. Gotta put one more coat of Souveran. I will try to get pics today! If not I will get some next week b/c it a garage queen.

supercharged
12-22-2006, 04:50 AM
Thanks...yeah 12-24 hours cure time. Totally forgot about that.

supercharged
12-23-2006, 06:10 AM
I'm going to try this combo and let you guys know how it came out.

Larry A
12-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Dont most people here like caranuba over a sealant.PWS is a sealant, Collinite is a caranuba, nuff said.

sparkie
12-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm going to try this combo and let you guys know how it came out.
Supercharged, we want pics!

supercharged
12-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Supercharged, we want pics!
A picture is worth a thousand words. Once a truck is detailed, I'll post some pictures.