PDA

View Full Version : Wax buildup on pinstriping?

Shane731
02-07-2011, 09:54 PM
What's the best way to remove old wax on pinstripes? Got some areas on my pinstripes that I noticed need tending to. I have DP Cleanse-All and P21S TAW, but what should I use as an "agitator"? Small boar's hair brush? Microfiber towel or applicator? Looking for a safe but relatively easy method. Thanks!

rwright
02-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Shane, instead of using something designed to remove grease and similar grime, try using a polish such as Ultimate Compound or M205 on a mf towel and gently rub the areas. Then your not dealing with something that may get under the vinyl and degrade the adhesive. Just a thought :)

Sent using Tapatalk

Shane731
02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Well, I was thinking Cleanse-All and TAW because they both say that they remove old wax residue. This is the original pinstriping, so there's not too much chance of something getting under it.

Rsurfer
02-07-2011, 10:10 PM
What's the best way to remove old wax on pinstripes? Got some areas on my pinstripes that I noticed need tending to. I have DP Cleanse-All and P21S TAW, but what should I use as an "agitator"? Small boar's hair brush? Microfiber towel or applicator? Looking for a safe but relatively easy method. Thanks!
P21S TAW and a boars hair brush should work.

rwright
02-07-2011, 10:11 PM
If you're not worried about it, at least apply it to your media first. I would follow with some type of wash after cleaning.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dr Oldz
02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
A pencil eraser and some QD!!