PDA

View Full Version : Optimum polish users

G37
02-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Last Saturday I finally used some Optimum products for the first time Car Wash Concentrate and QD, the soap worked well but the QD was amazing the gloss it leaves and hopefully soon I will get a chance to use Opti-Seal. My question is I have been washing and waxing my own cars since 1994 but I dont own or know how to use a machine and to be honest I have only used Klasse All In One no other polish and I have always applied and removed it by hand. I am looking for an Optimum product to replace Klasse AIO there is nothing wrong with Klasse AIO I just want to use the same brand of products. My main objective is to protect my vehicle which is garaged and washed on a weekly basis with a proper wash technique. I will be using Optimum Opti-Seal as my last step product for protection so I dont want my polish to leave any protection behind but I want the product to be as gentle as possible not removing any clear coat or paint remember I will be applying and removing by hand in essence I basically want a paint cleanser. To get to the point which Optimum polish do you recommend I use?

mxfly
02-07-2011, 05:38 AM
I would say Poli-Seal is similar to Klasse AIO so give that a go.

jimmyjam
02-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi G37,
Have you ever considered a DA polisher? The reason I ask is if your wanting to get the full potential from Opti-Seal you want to invest in a DA. For years I used my hands for everything from compounds to polishing WHOA, that was work! I purchased the flex 3401 and now I'm an artist.

G37
02-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I would say Poli-Seal is similar to Klasse AIO so give that a go.
I am looking for OPT polish that leaves no protection and I am applying removing by hand and that is extremely gentle on paint not for correction more of a paint cleanser before applying Opti-seal? Could I use OPT Polish II or Final Polish?

G37
02-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi G37,
Have you ever considered a DA polisher? The reason I ask is if your wanting to get the full potential from Opti-Seal you want to invest in a DA. For years I used my hands for everything from compounds to polishing WHOA, that was work! I purchased the flex 3401 and now I'm an artist.

I wish I could spend more time detailing my car but my life and shcedule dont allow for that but I do make the time for prper washings on a weekly basis so for my time constraints and my detailing skill level I just need a OPT polish that I can apply and remove by hand to use 2x a year after I clay the car and want to stay using the Optimum brand of products. I make it a top priority to take good care of my car so my main goal fot this large investment I made is Protection dont think I can handle much correction.

sulla
02-07-2011, 12:47 PM
G37 tbh i find detailing by machine less tiring and faster...just my 2c :)

Perfections
02-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Polish II or the final polish which is on bogo right now :)

jimmyjam
02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I wish I could spend more time detailing my car but my life and shcedule dont allow for that but I do make the time for prper washings on a weekly basis so for my time constraints and my detailing skill level I just need a OPT polish that I can apply and remove by hand to use 2x a year after I clay the car and want to stay using the Optimum brand of products. I make it a top priority to take good care of my car so my main goal fot this large investment I made is Protection dont think I can handle much correction.

I can respect that, I would go with Opti polish II :xyxthumbs:

Chris Thomas
02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
PoliSeal is your direct replacement. Finish and Polish II both have abrasives. Finish and Poliseal and easy to use by hand but use sparingly. Thanks for your interest in Optimum Car Care products.

G37
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
PoliSeal is your direct replacement. Finish and Polish II both have abrasives. Finish and Poliseal and easy to use by hand but use sparingly. Thanks for your interest in Optimum Car Care products.

Thanks, I thought Poli-Seal also had abrasives too?

Chris Thomas
02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks, I thought Poli-Seal also had abrasives too?

It does but none to speak of with hand application. Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 4
using Tapatalk