PDA

View Full Version : Rental Car Place as client??

Bates Detailing
02-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Anyone have any experience servicing Rental cars ??? I rented a car this weekend - asked who details there cars - they said they outsource it (but have no one for this location)..... hhhmmmm, I detail cars..... so.... We'll just curious if anyone has had experience with rental car places? Is it about the same as dealerships? Any Nightmare stories or were/are they really good clients to have?

Southern Stang
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
The thought has crossed my mind. I would think it would be just like a dealership in a way.

ShaunD
02-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Ask Mike.lol Apparently he does rental cars for his classes. Mostly:joking:, but maybe he has some insite he can share. He has a ton of experience at least.Feed back pleaseIf a deal goes through.

Bates Detailing
02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
The thought has crossed my mind. I would think it would be just like a dealership in a way.

I had them on my list to check out when I first started.... but never got to them, so Im as curious as you man.

Ask Mike.lol Apparently he does rental cars for his classes. Mostly:joking:, but maybe he has some insite he can share. He has a ton of experience at least.Feed back pleaseIf a deal goes through.

Yeah, any experience and comments would be great..... I will call tomorrow (time permitting) and find out and will definitely post on here. I already have a fleet of cars that I don't make too much on every month, but it pays for a lot of my overhead. I don't want to add too many fleets like this - it would be a crazy amount of work with little pay. Im hoping someone will post something good on here about it!

Larry A
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM
I would think that they would just need a wash, vacuum, windows, dress tires, and spot clean interiors.

diablojota
02-07-2011, 11:57 AM
My buddy used to run an auto rental facility (part of a national chain...), they had a car washer on staff to wash and vacuum. They really don't do much to maintain those cars or spend a lot. Now the trick would be to see if you can't get in on the action from when they remove the car from the fleet and put it up for sale. I do not know how that works as far as detailing is concerned.

Bates Detailing
02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I would think that they would just need a wash, vacuum, windows, dress tires, and spot clean interiors.

They already have someone for that.... they outsource carpet cleaning, odor removal (smoke), and exterior correction for flipping their cars.

My buddy used to run an auto rental facility (part of a national chain...), they had a car washer on staff to wash and vacuum. They really don't do much to maintain those cars or spend a lot. Now the trick would be to see if you can't get in on the action from when they remove the car from the fleet and put it up for sale. I do not know how that works as far as detailing is concerned.

That sounds like that is what they are looking for - I will talk to them tomorrow and find out what they are willing to pay before anything.... don't have the time to waste 20 hours a week making $5 an hour after everything is said and done! But we'll see?!?!?

JonMiles
02-07-2011, 12:24 PM
I currently service an Enterprise rental car agency. The work done on the cars is minimal but they pay decently for the what I do. My current service for rental cars is a quick wash (ONR), clean wheels and tires, and dress the tires. The interior is a simple vacuum and wipe down with hyper dressing for a nice shine. I clean all the windows and they pay $30 per car. I can get done with 2 cars per hour and make $60. On an average day they have me work on 6 cars.

About once a month, they will give me a few nasty cars and pay $75 for a more extensive detail. This includes a wash and one-step (XMT 360). The interior is wiped down with citrus cleaner, and dressed as before. The carpets are given a quick extraction. Although the car doesn't turn out perfect, it is clean and fresh. Total time spent is about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Each time they receive new cars, they pay $75 for a sealant and carpet/upholstery protectant to be applied. This makes future clean up more rapid and easier to achieve. Before selling a car, they pay for a full interior detail and one-step exterior polish/seal which works out to about $100.

As with dealerships, they are cheap to work for, but they do offer consistent work which can be done using their water and electricity so there are benefits. On average I spend about 4 hours a week at the Enterprise, and make about $200.

Bates Detailing
02-07-2011, 01:37 PM
I currently service an Enterprise rental car agency. The work done on the cars is minimal but they pay decently for the what I do. My current service for rental cars is a quick wash (ONR), clean wheels and tires, and dress the tires. The interior is a simple vacuum and wipe down with hyper dressing for a nice shine. I clean all the windows and they pay $30 per car. I can get done with 2 cars per hour and make $60. On an average day they have me work on 6 cars.

About once a month, they will give me a few nasty cars and pay $75 for a more extensive detail. This includes a wash and one-step (XMT 360). The interior is wiped down with citrus cleaner, and dressed as before. The carpets are given a quick extraction. Although the car doesn't turn out perfect, it is clean and fresh. Total time spent is about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Each time they receive new cars, they pay $75 for a sealant and carpet/upholstery protectant to be applied. This makes future clean up more rapid and easier to achieve. Before selling a car, they pay for a full interior detail and one-step exterior polish/seal which works out to about $100.

As with dealerships, they are cheap to work for, but they do offer consistent work which can be done using their water and electricity so there are benefits. On average I spend about 4 hours a week at the Enterprise, and make about $200.

Good info man - thanx ...... not bad numbers, I was more worried about taking an enormous of time away from higher paying clients - but 4 hours a week doesn't sound bad. Thanx for the write up man!

Flash Gordon
02-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Hendersonville Used Cars - Enterprise Car Sales - Hendersonville, TN 37075 (http://www.enterprisecarsales.com/carsales/locationDetails.do?locationLink=560X&stateProv=Tennessee)

Here is where Enterprise unloads their rentals in Nashville. Hope this helps

Bates Detailing
02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Hendersonville Used Cars - Enterprise Car Sales - Hendersonville, TN 37075 (http://www.enterprisecarsales.com/carsales/locationDetails.do?locationLink=560X&stateProv=Tennessee)

Here is where Enterprise unloads their rentals in Nashville. Hope this helps

Cool - thanx man!