PDA

View Full Version : Who reads this forum?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

YankeeFan
12-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Based upon what I have read the last couple of weeks I am curious what your interest is with detailing? (1) Do most on the site own detailing company's or do it as a side job? (2) Do most have a show car or two? (3)Or are most doing this amount of work on their everyday car only.

I am #3 of the above options, that is why you'll see questions that may seem to have common sense answers but I am at the infant stage of learning this stuff.

Howard

abrcrombe
12-20-2006, 12:50 PM
1 - I want to do this as a side job, but this is just a hobby for now
2 - no show cars for this guy
3 - I do work on my family's cars and some friends

jsfofec
12-20-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of 1's and 2's, but like you, I'm a 3. I love to take care of my cars (2 of them). I always want them to look the best they can be all the time. I may do my parents cars...maybe :)

Driven Auto Detail
12-20-2006, 01:03 PM
I got interested in detailing about a year and a half ago. This year I purchased a PC (best money I've spent so far) along with a decent amount of supplies that I've put to good use. I'm at the point now where I want to do some detailing on the side because I like detailing.

justin_murphy
12-20-2006, 01:46 PM
(1) Do most on the site own detailing company's or do it as a side job?
This is my only job and supports 90% of my household income. I'm mobile and have been doing this for 10+ months now. I simply love it.

(2) Do most have a show car or two?
I do alot of show cars but have not attended any and served anyone there.

(3)Or are most doing this amount of work on their everyday car only.
Since most of my equipment is already out, I wash my truck about 2 times per week. I wax it about every 2 weeks. Full polishing occurs every 90 days. The interior stays really clean. I'm more anal about it than anything! It's wiped down and vac'd every 2 days.....if not more!

Rapidity
12-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm a number 3... and I hardly have time to do anything of the things I want to do to my car. Especially now that it's dark before I get off work M-F.

Totoland Mach
12-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Based upon what I have read the last couple of weeks I am curious what your interest is with detailing? (1) Do most on the site own detailing company's or do it as a side job? (2) Do most have a show car or two? (3)Or are most doing this amount of work on their everyday car only.

I am #3 of the above options, that is why you'll see questions that may seem to have common sense answers but I am at the infant stage of learning this stuff.

Howard

Howard: I think most of us started in the (3) category and expanded from there.

I do this as a part-time job to supplement my income for building the (2) show car Mach 1.

Above all, I enjoy the profession of detailing and, at 63 years old, never stop learning something new. One day, I'd like to quit business travel and settle down to a detail business to supplement retirement.

Don't fret about the learning stage. This forum will help you greatly in becoming knowledgeable about paint and interior care.

Toto

Mike T
12-20-2006, 03:44 PM
I've been detailing for about two years now. I do it as a hobby. I got started when I purchased a new "Black" Altima. I refured to let it get dirty. So I maintain mine and my wifes jeep and I do detailing jobs for friends and family.

CalgaryDetail
12-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I am a full time student so i do this as a part time job to make some extra cash, this is also more then a hobby, its a life style

Mike T
12-20-2006, 03:58 PM
this is also more then a hobby, its a life style
Ain't that the truth.

FloridaNative
12-20-2006, 04:43 PM
I detail as a hobby and work mostly on my own vehicle, but I take jobs on the side for family, friends, neighbors etc when I can. No show car for me either at this point in my life, but maybe some day I could get a classic car and restore it. I would LOVE that!

Sevenrd
12-20-2006, 04:44 PM
1 - I only do paid details on weekends (I have a full-time job unrelated to detailing during the week). Just a few customers right now. That's all I can handle unless I go full-time with it. But I currently have no intention of doing that.

2 - No show cars.

3 - I maintain my own car throughout the week. My wife's gets attention on the weekends.

Surfer
12-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Just a hobby for me with our cars/trucks. My biz partner and I own a Real Estate Lending office here.

alban61
12-20-2006, 05:02 PM
It's #3 for me. Only do my SUV and my wife's car. I recently got started in detailing just this August. Next Spring, my dad wants me to do his minivan, after seeing my SUV.:D So I got him a bunch of DG products and MF towels for Christmas. Can't wait to see his face on Christmas. :)

I have no intentions on going full-time. My poor body can't take it!! LOL.

No show cars in the future, unless I hit the lottery!!

YankeeFan
12-20-2006, 05:58 PM
It's #3 for me. Only do my SUV and my wife's car. I recently got started in detailing just this August. Next Spring, my dad wants me to do his minivan, after seeing my SUV.:D So I got him a bunch of DG products and MF towels for Christmas. Can't wait to see his face on Christmas. :)

I have no intentions on going full-time. My poor body can't take it!! LOL.

No show cars in the future, unless I hit the lottery!!

I hear ya 'bout hitting the lottery........I can barely afford by everyday...LOL