PDA

View Full Version : Vapor Steam System

Bates Detailing
02-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I was just curious how effective these are on carpet stains??

jpegs13
02-04-2011, 09:39 AM
I use a steamer and find it quite effective

Bates Detailing
02-04-2011, 09:47 AM
I use a steamer and find it quite effective

More effective or equivalent on carpets as a carpet extractor? My extractor went out a few months ago - was goin to get another one before spring but ran into this system..... Seems like dishing out a couple extra hundred would give me more to work with than just an extractor..... BUT - my MAIN focus is on carpets and seats - Would you say it is as effective as a hot water extractor?

daveinsweethome
02-04-2011, 09:51 AM
got both and i love the steamer on certain things it loosens the stains but i still feel the extractor washes the stain out and away. a machine that does both is perfect but they are mucho expensive. choosing only one i go for a good extractor. mine is a mytee 11. good luck in your choice

Bates Detailing
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
got both and i love the steamer on certain things it loosens the stains but i still feel the extractor washes the stain out and away. a machine that does both is perfect but they are mucho expensive. choosing only one i go for a good extractor. mine is a mytee 11. good luck in your choice

Yeah - Ive always used the mytee lite II. I've always liked the results - but I am liking the fact that a steamer can be used on the engine, wheel wells, anywhere really and with no chemicals. BUT, I do not want to compromise the quality of stain removal for my customers this year - this is a tough choice lol! I've got the funds for one or the other - but not both!

AeroCleanse
02-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I find it works better for me, sometimes you need to pretreat the area. Since I sold my extractor and switched to stream, I have not regretted it.

Bates Detailing
02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I find it works better for me, sometimes you need to pretreat the area. Since I sold my extractor and switched to stream, I have not regretted it.

Cool - I just talked to the company that I am going to purchase mine from - -- - (I've decided to get one) and he said that the hot water injection followed by a wet/dry vac is the same thing if needed so - I am going to go ahead and get the steamer. The price is actually really good - about 400 less than I thought..... just hope it holds up to daily usage!

Thanx for your thoughts guys , they helped me decide.

AeroCleanse
02-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Cool - I just talked to the company that I am going to purchase mine from - -- - (I've decided to get one) and he said that the hot water injection followed by a wet/dry vac is the same thing if needed so - I am going to go ahead and get the steamer. The price is actually really good - about 400 less than I thought..... just hope it holds up to daily usage!

Mine doesn't have injection...but my next one will.

dad07
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM

What model did you decide on? Just wondering!

Bates Detailing
02-04-2011, 04:26 PM
What model did you decide on? Just wondering!

VX 5000.... The one I was going to get originally was 2000. But this one seems sufficient enough and has injection which was a big deal to me. It isn't continuous though - but I think 2 hours of steam should be enough to get a job done, and if it isn't Im sure I would be busy doing something else in the 15 minutes down time. This should cut the interiors time on the buses I do which sometimes take 4 to 6 hours. I think it will be a great buy for my needs.

dad07
02-04-2011, 04:28 PM
thanks for the reply...i have been looking at this model for some time....may I ask what you paid for it?

Bates Detailing
02-04-2011, 04:30 PM
thanks for the reply...i have been looking at this model for some time....may I ask what you paid for it?

I'll PM you with details...

dad07
02-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks!

outlander
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Can anyone recommend a hand held steamer for interiors? Do you spray on an All Purpose Cleaner first? Then do you go overr it with the steamer? Since my Stepdaughter's Nissan Ultima Coupe is completely trashed inside I don't know if just using a cleaner is enough?