PDA

View Full Version : Hand application - Optimum Hyper Polish Spray

pr3rak77
02-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I have been looking at this product for its ease of use, but I have never used a rotary, and am thinking of applying by hand. The car currently has very few imperfections, and I don't mind having to apply a little elbow grease.

Has anyone tried applying by hand? Thanks.

Shawn T.
02-02-2011, 05:38 PM
It can be applied by hand but I do not know it's effectiveness.

Have you tried Ultimate Compound? This is fantastic by hand.

Setec Astronomy
02-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I have been looking at this product for its ease of use, but I have never used a rotary, and am thinking of applying by hand.

Do you have any machines at all? I haven't heard that this can't be applied by DA, even if it is optimized (no pun intended) for rotary.

Chris Thomas
02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
You can use it by rotary, D/A, or hand...but your results will reflect your method. By hand you can expect to see a paint cleaning and glossing effect with no scratch removal and light-moderate swirl removal with significant time invested. The D/A and rotary will both work very well and your results can be tuned by pad choice. I personally would only "spot" polish by hand; for an entire vehicle I would only use an AIO.

pr3rak77
02-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the replies. Well the main reason I have not purchased a rotary or DA is the fact that I live in a condo. So any washes or detailing I do occur in the parking deck.

My SUV does have a plug in the rear for tailgating, etc. and I could plug in a tool there, but then would have to keep the truck running.

Guess I may have to look into doing this.

Thanks again.