PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Bottles

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nuke33
12-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Where do you all get your plastic bottles from for breaking down polish and stuff

I have tryed

usplastics.com
www.specialtybottle.com (http://www.specialtybottle.com)

They have awsome prices but they want 10 bucks for shipping!! on a 3-6 doller order!

Thanks

PRB
12-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Labor and materials, plus UPS/FedEx/USPS charges add up quickly.

No magic answer here: I buy all mine from a local supplier. I've looked online, but every company I've seen charges similar rates for shipping.

The supplier I'm talking about is a cleaning chemical/janitorial supply company. Do you have any such firms in your area? That's where I'd try first. I couldn't find anything on the Autogeek store site, but some co's will sell the bottles and you can ship them with your other order to absorb some of the shipping cost.

GOOD bottles can be worth the shipping charges...ever have one crack or leak while you're using it? Worse, have one leak in storage and find everything coated in your favorite polish with none left to use on the car you wanted to do that day.

joe.p
12-20-2006, 11:15 AM
You can purchase quality bottles at any craft store in your area, I think AG has 4oz bottles..

http://www.autogeek.net/2ozsabo6pa.html

justin_murphy
12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
I get mine at Wal-Mart. They are in the Health and Beauty section where the travel sized portions are. They have packs of four that include a pump, screw cap, and two flip top bottles. All for 1.50!!!

Not bad at all.

abrcrombe
12-20-2006, 12:18 PM
For some smaller sized bottles (maybe they have big ones too) try Sav-on. It just got bought out by CVS Pharmacy so maybe they have them too.

Nuke33
12-21-2006, 01:21 AM
hey justin how many oz are those bottle and were they filled with something?

ScottB
12-21-2006, 07:23 AM
yes I found local craft stores (Michaels) and Wally World to offer just what is needed for near nothing. Under two bucks for several bottles.

NorahCRV
12-21-2006, 07:29 AM
I have tried the 2 oz. bottles from Michael's Crafts & had problems with a few of them "panelling" (caving in) due to outgassing of some of the chemicals in the polishes. So I talked to Steve @ Poorboys & he recommended using PVC bottles as they are less "porous". I found these 4 oz. bottles @ US Plastics & yes, their shipping prices are higher than we are used to, but I think we've just been spoiled by AG.

Here's a couple of shots of how they look now . . .

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61006Products/DSC01415-1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61006Products/DSC01417-1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/norahcrv/61006Products/DSC01422-1.jpg

Oh, I picked up the ones on the left from WalMart for $ .50 ea. last winter in the "travel size" section of the Health & Beauty department.

justin_murphy
12-21-2006, 07:55 AM
OK Norah.......THAT LOOKS AMAZING!
Please share with us your labeling techinques. This is how I (and others I bet) would like out traveling samples to look!!!! They even fit perfect into that crate!!!!
I'll even pay you for it!

Driven Auto Detail
12-21-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm with Justin...I'd like to hear more about the labeling.

AL417
12-21-2006, 09:07 AM
^x3
Bottles and crate are fantastic, love the labeling.
If it's ever missing...don't come looking at my house! ;)

supercharged
12-21-2006, 10:26 AM
OK Norah.......THAT LOOKS AMAZING!
Please share with us your labeling techinques. This is how I (and others I bet) would like out traveling samples to look!!!! They even fit perfect into that crate!!!!
I'll even pay you for it!
:iagree: Those bottles look very professional.

NorahCRV
12-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all the compliments, guys, but it was really quite easy to do . . . I downloaded the images from AG's site & cropped them to size , then pasted the logos into the label design (using My Label Designer software), added the text & printed them on clear Avery mailing labels on a colour laser printer. Then after I affixed them to the bottles, I topped them with File Folder Protectors, but I think clear tape would work as well :)

As for the crate, I pick those up at my local "99 Cents Only" store - bet you can't guess the price ;) I've also seen them at "Dollar Tree", if you don't have a 99 store.

supercharged
12-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks for all the compliments, guys, but it was really quite easy to do . . . I downloaded the images from AG's site & cropped them to size , then pasted the logos into the label design (using My Label Designer software), added the text & printed them on clear Avery mailing labels on a colour laser printer. Then after I affixed them to the bottles, I topped them with File Folder Protectors, but I think clear tape would work as well :)

As for the crate, I pick those up at my local "99 Cents Only" store - bet you can't guess the price ;) I've also seen them at "Dollar Tree", if you don't have a 99 store.
I remember seing some Bob's choice car wash-n-wax shampoo in there. :D ;)

Gary Sword
12-21-2006, 03:28 PM
I purchased a 128 oz bottle of liquid Souvern from AG and put a note in the comment for them to send me an empty 16 oz bottle to put some in and they did. So AG does have empty bottles. If they won't send you some for free they might sell you some. The bottle did not have a lable. Norah's labels came out great. If you can get your hands on Norah's label software you be all set.