PDA

View Full Version : How to hide swirlmarks on dark car?

Pages : [1] 2

DaniusLithuania
02-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi, I want to ask is any way to hide holograms on dark car? Is it any good product to do the job. I know it is not nice to hide them, but same dont want to pay big money for a good job, they want just make it look good and sell the car. Can same one help me. Thanks

trhland
02-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi, I want to ask is any way to hide holograms on dark car? Is it any good product to do the job. I know it is not nice to hide them, but same dont want to pay big money for a good job, they want just make it look good and sell the car. Can same one help me. Thanks

go with an all in one product xmt 360. or optimum poliseal will hide these. they clean polish and protect in one . great for one stepers

LegacyGT
02-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I have not tried it yet, but I have heard good things about Poor Boys Black Hole glaze

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze can be applied any time to hide minor imperfections and to enhance gloss on black, red, and all dark vehicles. (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-black-hole-show-glaze.html)

JonMiles
02-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Cleaner wax, something like Mothers or Megs Cleaner Wax has a slight abrasive content. They will cover the holograms temporarily.

jlb85
02-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Glaze:
Meg's No. 7
Black Hole
Danase Wet Glaze

I like to apply via machine, but they can also be applied by hand.

DaniusLithuania
02-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks guy I will try it

05RLS2
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Black Hole and Danase Wet Glaze both work well

Glaze:
Meg's No. 7
Black Hole
Danase Wet Glaze

I like to apply via machine, but they can also be applied by hand.
Anyone know whatever happened to Danase products? Their website doesn't seem to be up anymore. I was hoping to buy up some some of the Swirl Abolishers and the Wet Glaze, since they have all worked well for me

CleanGene
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I own two black cars and Black Hole glaze has worked well for me. Just be sure to seal it with something to lock it in.

ESSO
02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
PB Black hole for your choice.

Fly bye
02-07-2011, 12:43 AM
I have in the past (a few years back) had great results with M9. The oils in M9 seem to hide marring.

Rsurfer
02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Black Hole and Danase Wet Glaze both work well

Anyone know whatever happened to Danase products? Their website doesn't seem to be up anymore. I was hoping to buy up some some of the Swirl Abolishers and the Wet Glaze, since they have all worked well for me
Danase Wet Glaze has been sold to The Detail Shoppe Wet Glaze.

CharlieU
03-03-2011, 07:45 AM
I recently purchased a used dark red mercedes and after a couple of washes to take the "beauty wax" that the dealer put on it off, I was left thinking that the previous owner had washed the vehicle with a rock. So far I've only done one panel, but I found that the combo of Meguiars SwirlX, their new Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Liquid Wax did a pretty good job. I have to get within a meter in full sun to pick out the major stuff the SwirlX left behind. The SwirlX took out the really fine scratches and the polish filled and covered most of the rest. I'm debating whether to get a bit more aggressive than SwirlX on some of the deeper scratches since I believe the polish would probably hide the end result.

akimel
03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Two products in particular seem to get mentioned a lot on detailing forums for their hiding abilities: AutoGlym Super Resin Polish and Bilt Hamber Auto Balm. Poorboys' Black Hole also gets mentioned positively.

I have used both #7 and Danase Wet Glaze on my black car and have not noticed much swirl-hiding.

rfinkle2
03-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Bilt Hamber Auto Balm is the king of swirl hiding, although I haven't tried Poorboy's Black Hole, which is much more readily available.

I've tried SRP, Danase Wet Glaze, Detail Shoppe Wet Glaze 2.0, Meg #7, and nothing, as far as hiding ability, touches BHAB.

Shawn T.
03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Mothers Sealer and Glaze does a superb job of hidinng light swirls.