PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding CG Monster Microfibers!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Crazy Amos
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Has anybody else had a problem with their CG Blue Monster MF's bleeding (staining) all over the place?

I washed them before I used them just like you are supposed to, and when I threw them in a bucket of water and MF cleaner after I used them they stained ALL of my other towels blue. Now I can't trust any of the towel to not release the blue dye onto the surface I am using them on. Its all over my other towels! I am extremely pissed! About $100 worth of MF's gave been effected. I called their "24 hour" customer service line and had to leave a message-pretty funny....

Anybody else experience this? I want all of my towels to be replaced because I can't use them for much of anything now.

Am I in the wrong for wanting them all replaced? I have never experienced this before with any MF's.

PAR Detailing
02-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I've washed my mf's together and some of them turned a tint of blue. I did use hot water and the other towels were a light color. I haven't thought twice about using them and haven't experienced any issues

Crazy Amos
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
These were soaked in cold water also because that is all I had. I was detailing a RV and the only water source was from an outside line that the owner said was buried 3 ft in the ground. It was very very cold, almost like ice. The temp outside was 36 degrees to give you an idea and even in the uninsulated building the temp with my heater was 40 degrees-I had a very hard time getting any compounds and polish to work properly.

I filled up the bucket with the icy water from the above mentioned tap and placed the used towels in the bucket as I worked.

Just give you an idea, so I don't seem crazy here. This WAS my white Scmitt, we all know what its supposed to look like. Well here it is now.....

Something happened with the upload, but you get the idea.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j334/tfullercdi/BlueSchmitt.jpg

Here is the bucket, the blue bucket had the towels and the schmitt in it.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j334/tfullercdi/BlueWater.jpg

kronos
02-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Hehe, that's pretty funny. I have the towels in question and agree that they do bleed. Turned some white Megs towels light blue. Like PAR Detailing, I didn't hesitate in using them. It's only dye.

Bates Detailing
02-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Sorry to hear this man - must be frustrating.

Kurt_s
02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
My Cobra Indigos turned my arctic white edgeless into a glacier river blue edgeless MF. They still work fine. I still love both the Indigos and Arctic whites.

I have black, red, green and blue MFs and they all pretty much run initially. I wouldn't worry too much if they are still soft. Heck, I have some white and light blue MFs that have a little tie dye effect to them.

I'm just 500 miles south of SF so it should all good. :)

Setec Astronomy
02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm not buying the whole story...it's 36 outside and 40 inside and you're detailing in your socks? On a concrete floor? :)

dougaross
02-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I have had the same thing happen with mfs from Auto ZOne. They are nice towels but they bleed during first wash and turned some yellow towels green. They seem to be colorfast now.

Crazy Amos
02-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Its only dye. How do you know that it wont transfer when using them on a light colored dash or leather with a leather cleaner, OPC or anything else? Sure you can say just dont use them for that, but I should be able to use them for whatever I want and not have to worry about this crap!

Call me crazy but I shouldn't have to worry about this stuff. It would be different if it were a universal trait that all MF's share but its not. Its just these. Nothing was stated to wash these multiple times or to not mix with other towels.

Crazy Amos
02-01-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm not buying the whole story...it's 36 outside and 40 inside and you're detailing in your socks? On a concrete floor? :)

Haha, no this was when I got back to my house. Good catch though Matlock LOL!:laughing:

Crazy Amos
02-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Well if you guys say it has happened to you and you haven't had any problems, I will give them a shot. I will be cautious when I use them for sure.

Still pissed off though!

Setec Astronomy
02-01-2011, 10:30 PM
It would be different if it were a universal trait that all MF's share but its not. Its just these.

As just about everyone has said, and I'll add to it...I find pretty much all dark colored MF's bleed when you first wash them (blue, orange, etc.). I'm trying to remember what blue towels tinted all my white ones...I don't even have any really dark blue ones like you're talking about. I always wash in hot water, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

I do hear you on the transfer to something else, but MF's do seem to hold stains, I think it's just they couldn't hold the amount that was on there originally. The tint has never come out of the towels it transferred to during washing, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't transfer to a dash, etc.

Kurt_s
02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
If it makes you feel any better, my indigos are not as dark as they were originally. Not really not an issue.

Crazy Amos
02-01-2011, 10:38 PM
As just about everyone has said, and I'll add to it...I find pretty much all dark colored MF's bleed when first wash them (blue, orange, etc.). I'm trying to remember what blue towels tinted all my white ones...I don't even have any really dark blue ones like you're talking about. I always wash in hot water, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

I do hear you on the transfer to something else, but MF's do seem to hold stains, I think it's just they couldn't hold the amount that was on there originally. The tint has never come out of the towels it transferred to during washing, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't transfer to a dash, etc.

Pardon the rant, I think it is due to all of the Benadryl I have been taking. I think working on the RV made me sick. Maybe it was from being soaked from the pressure washer in freezing cold temps. When I quoted the job, the owner told me I could work on it in his building. Little did I know the back of it was open to the barn that houses all of the horses and all of the heat went right out the door....

I appreciate the reassurance guys. Like I said, I will give them a shot and see what happens.

Maybe I over-reacted but show season is coming up and I can't afford to screw someones baby up.

Bates Detailing
02-01-2011, 10:42 PM
I appreciate the reassurance guys. Like I said, I will give them a shot and see what happens.

Maybe I over-reacted but show season is coming up and I can't afford to screw someones baby up.

Something I do is I have a run down monte carlo that I test Everything on and get my employees to practice on!!! Maybe find a run down car and do a full interior on it with the rags and see what happens?!?!!?