PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Mobile Detailing Trailer

Pages : [1] 2

GaDetailDoc
01-31-2011, 03:50 PM
I was thinking of using this enclosed trailer to haul my detailing supplies and equipment. What do you all think? I do have a pickup truck with a canopy but did not want to tie up the bed. In addition, I could letter the trailer and mount a small PW at the front on the tongue. It is about $2500.00. It is a 4x6 with a total length of 10'.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/powersportsdlr/images/COUNTRYBOY-TRAILERS/VP1899924_1.jpg

Kristopher1129
01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't see why not! I don't have any experience in mobile YET. I'm shop based at the moment. But, I'm in the process of finishing my mobile unit. I opted to go with the van.

My main reason was just because I didn't want to have to attach, and detach my trailer all the time. This way I can just pull my van into the shop at the end of the day and be done.

In your situation though, I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work. I guess it depends what you're putting in there. As long as you're not taking a water tank or something, this little trailer should do just fine.

The only thing I can think of that may be a pain....is that some of your stuff may slide towards the back of the trailer and make grabbing it kind of a hassle. But that's small potatoes. That price tag though...I don't know about that! $2500 sounds like an awful lot to me for that. :dblthumb2:

GaDetailDoc
01-31-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't see why not! I don't have any experience in mobile YET. I'm shop based at the moment. But, I'm in the process of finishing my mobile unit. I opted to go with the van.

My main reason was just because I didn't want to have to attach, and detach my trailer all the time. This way I can just pull my van into the shop at the end of the day and be done.

In your situation though, I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work. I guess it depends what you're putting in there. As long as you're not taking a water tank or something, this little trailer should do just fine.

The only thing I can think of that may be a pain....is that some of your stuff may slide towards the back of the trailer and make grabbing it kind of a hassle. But that's small potatoes. That price tag though...I don't know about that! $2500 sounds like an awful lot to me for that. :dblthumb2:

It is made by ALUMA and is an all aluminum construction. I would store my chems and sprays in plastic containers that are all the same sizes in this way nothing will move around much. I agree the price is stiff. I may just use the back of my enclosed Pick Up bed and still use the plastic containers.

Kristopher1129
01-31-2011, 04:21 PM

It is made by ALUMA and is an all aluminum construction. I would store my chems and sprays in plastic containers that are all the same sizes in this way nothing will move around much. I agree the price is stiff. I may just use the back of my enclosed Pick Up bed and still use the plastic containers.

Yeah, that may be a good idea man. I mean, I paid $1200 for my used van. I put another $1500 into it for body work and paint. If you're willing to spend $2500, I would maybe seek another trailer, or direction all together. Maybe get a bigger used trailer...

GaDetailDoc
01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah, that may be a good idea man. I mean, I paid $1200 for my used van. I put another $1500 into it for body work and paint. If you're willing to spend $2500, I would maybe seek another trailer, or direction all together. Maybe get a bigger used trailer...

I agree...I have always wanted a van but was trying to avoid another insured commercial vehicle. I am tired of hooking and unhooking trailers.

Kristopher1129
01-31-2011, 04:32 PM

I agree...I have always wanted a van but was trying to avoid another insured commercial vehicle. I am tired of hooking and unhooking trailers.

I hear that. I knew I would feel the same way. If you go with the van...word on the street is, if you use magnets to letter it, it's not commercial cause they're removeable. :xyxthumbs:

GaDetailDoc
01-31-2011, 04:38 PM
I hear that. I knew I would feel the same way. If you go with the van...word on the street is, if you use magnets to letter it, it's not commercial cause they're removeable. :xyxthumbs:

That's the way I have my truck lettered, with magnetic signs. My PW trailer has lettering on the tanks which is really cool. Folks are always intrigued with rolling billboards, which is one of the reasons I was going to get the little trailer. I saw another PW guy with a pickup hauling a smaller version of the 4x6.

Kristopher1129
01-31-2011, 04:42 PM

That's the way I have my truck lettered, with magnetic signs. My PW trailer has lettering on the tanks which is really cool. Folks are always intrigued with rolling billboards, which is one of the reasons I was going to get the little trailer. I saw another PW guy with a pickup hauling a smaller version of the 4x6.

Well, anything is worth a shot I guess! :dblthumb2:

master detailer
01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
thats way to much for that trailer . i have a 6x10 and i payed 1800 for it v front end also

GaDetailDoc
01-31-2011, 07:31 PM
thats way to much for that trailer . i have a 6x10 and i payed 1800 for it v front end also

I agree, I will likely just either get a 6x10 or look for a good deal on a used van. I have a PW trailer so I don't really need water supply or PW washers~ my trailer has two.

Joe@Superior Shine
01-31-2011, 10:52 PM
Two years ago I purchased a trailer like this..... Trailer For Sale | Victory 6' Wide Cargo Trailer Located at TrailersPlus Fontana | TrailersPlus (http://www.trailersplus.com/trailerlocator.php?StoreID=TRPL27&OrderNumber=233699&TrailerType=VICT610SAFS)

It was about $2600 out the door.

Kristopher1129
01-31-2011, 11:33 PM
Two years ago I purchased a trailer like this..... Trailer For Sale | Victory 6' Wide Cargo Trailer Located at TrailersPlus Fontana | TrailersPlus (http://www.trailersplus.com/trailerlocator.php?StoreID=TRPL27&OrderNumber=233699&TrailerType=VICT610SAFS)

It was about $2600 out the door.

That sounds more like it to me. :props:

Pulpit
02-01-2011, 08:02 AM
GaDetailDoc,

Where are you located? I assume in GA, but with the OU avatar I was curious. I live in GA and am always looking for a good pressure washer guy.

Pulpit

GaDetailDoc
02-01-2011, 08:18 AM
GaDetailDoc,

Where are you located? I assume in GA, but with the OU avatar I was curious. I live in GA and am always looking for a good pressure washer guy.

Pulpit
LOVE OU football, unfortunately, I am nestled in the Macon/WR region. Good PW guys who actually run a bonafide business are far and few in between.

Pulpit
02-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks!

Yes, that is what I have run into. I live in North Georgia, Cumming area.

Need my home pressure washed, but have trust issues with many of the folks I see...