PDA

View Full Version : Souveran - How long before wiping off?

Pages : [1] 2

nothelle
01-31-2011, 06:01 AM
I've applied my souveran and let it sit down for 3+ hours, not that it was on purpose, just had to do something else. I was surprised than upon removal it did not pass the swipe test, where you slide your finger and it should remove the wax cleanly off your panel. It still gave that oily haze like when you applied other brand waxes and wipe off quickly afterwards. Is souveran supposed to do that?

trhland
01-31-2011, 06:25 AM
I've applied my souveran and let it sit down for 3+ hours, not that it was on purpose, just had to do something else. I was surprised than upon removal it did not pass the swipe test, where you slide your finger and it should remove the wax cleanly off your panel. It still gave that oily haze like when you applied other brand waxes and wipe off quickly afterwards. Is souveran supposed to do that?

wipe on wipe off . not ment to sit. hit the panel with a quick detailer if needed. but normaly i wipe it right off..

nothelle
01-31-2011, 06:33 AM
wipe on wipe off . not ment to sit. hit the panel with a quick detailer if needed. but normaly i wipe it right off..

Removing wasn't that difficult even after that long, it's just my perception that most LSPs bond properly if they pass the swipe test

trhland
01-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Removing wasn't that difficult even after that long, it's just my perception that most LSPs bond properly if they pass the swipe test
souveran is like a wax glaze. after i wax and remove i wait an hour then grab a soft microfiber toweland just lightly buff over the paintwork . just to grab any oily residue left behind. make sure its warm out . dont wax if the temp is to cold. and use high end towels.

trhland
01-31-2011, 06:53 AM
remember wipeon wipe off right away.

BobbyG
01-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Hand Application:

Apply Souverän™ by hand using a Polyfoam Wax Applicator. Apply a thin, even coat to one panel at a time.
Souverän™ does not dry to a haze. Once you’ve covered a panel, you can immediately buff using the included Cobra Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/pinnaclewax/souveran-hand-app-308.jpg
Machine Application:

Put a plastic sandwich bag or a microfiber glove over your hand and work the wax out of the jar. Rub the wax onto a soft foam finishing pad.
Turn the Porter Cable 7424XP (http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424xp.html) (or any dual action polisher) on between 3 and 4. Apply Souverän™ in a thin, even coat over one panel at a time. There is no need to apply pressure.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/pinnaclewax/pasteappPC.jpg

Buff using the included towel or a microfiber bonnet (http://www.autogeek.net/temibo.html) over a lambswool pad. Turn the bonnet inside out if it becomes caked with wax.
Maintain the crisp, clear reflection with regular applications of Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray (http://www.autogeek.net/pincrysmis.html).

DLB
01-31-2011, 09:55 AM
FWIW I cover the entire vehicle then as soon as I finish applying to the last panel I immediately go back to the first and start wiping off. Has worked for me so far with Souverän.

DLB

LegacyGT
01-31-2011, 10:16 AM
I pretty much follow these directions for any WOWO - apply to a panel then wipe right off.

CEE DOG
01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
FWIW I cover the entire vehicle then as soon as I finish applying to the last panel I immediately go back to the first and start wiping off. Has worked for me so far with Souverän.

DLB

I do the same

rfinkle2
01-31-2011, 10:51 AM
the swipe test is, as far as I know, Meguiars' terminology and may not be applicable to other manufacturers (e.g. pinnacle) or even to Meguiars' own sealants and waxes for that matter.

nothelle
01-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Hand Application:

Apply Souverän™ by hand using a Polyfoam Wax Applicator. Apply a thin, even coat to one panel at a time.
Souverän™ does not dry to a haze. Once you’ve covered a panel, you can immediately buff using the included Cobra Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel.

Ok....this explains a lot. As far as final result... i still need that 30min curing time feeling, makes me feel the wax is bonding properly. Just an ol habit i guess. But unlike some waxes that PITA to remove when you leave it too long, I i don't see anything wrong with leaving souveran for couple minutes/hours, since removal is still a breeze and It seems longer cure period gives the paint a deeper and wetter result

BobbyG
01-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't see anything wrong with leaving souveran for couple minutes/hours, since removal is still a breeze and It seems longer cure period gives the paint a deeper and wetter result

Not at all, in fact I've done and do both.

95% of all my waxes are applied using my Porter Cable 7424 polisher. This really allows me to concentrate on laying down the right amount of product ensuring complete and even coverage. This also saves on wasting some very expensive wax! :props:

Applying waxes with a dual action polisher also allow me to work the product into the paint and once I'm through the only haze that's left is easily wiped off with a soft Microfiber towel.

I generally do two panels at a time leaving one to haze for at least 30 minutes prior to buffing....Never a problem...

WRAPT C5Z06
01-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Panel by panel. Wipe on, wipe off.

trhland
01-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Panel by panel. Wipe on, wipe off.
thats what i do . its a joy to use .

ScottB
01-31-2011, 06:48 PM

DLB

Liquid Souveran yes .... paste no. You should apply and buff off panel by panel with the paste version for best results.