PDA

View Full Version : More new guys questions - Wax in the can/jar

scrib13
01-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Need help and tips on:

How to get the wax out of the can/jar in one whole piece.

If this can not be done, the best manner to apply the wax to the buffer pad?

Tried to use some Natty Blue today and it was in chunks, so I used a app pad to take it out and put on the buffer pad. Guessing there is a better way?

Did not have this problem with the Pinn. Sovg. but need to know for all the other waxes/issues!

Feed back please

Fly bye
01-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Remove the lid, turn the jar upside down and hit the jar hard againts something clean. If it comes out in chunks, no biggie, you can just as easily apply product to your pad with a small chunk as you can with the whole piece.

I have a tub of Souveran that has broken into smaller chunks. I simply just remove a chunk, and whatever is leftover goes back inside the jar. I apply the souveran by hand.

Nappers
01-31-2011, 06:12 AM
You can use a plastic butter knife to scrape some out and apply to pad.

BobbyG
01-31-2011, 07:54 AM
You can use a plastic butter knife to scrape some out and apply to pad.

This certainly works too!

I have a few paint brushes that I've cut back so the bristles are only about 3/4 long. This makes them very stiff allowing me to transfer the paste wax from the jar to the pad.

Normally the wax can be pretty firm but warming it up in the sun softens it nicely making transfer to the pad easier.

dougaross
01-31-2011, 08:53 AM
This certainly works too!

I have a few paint brushes that I've cut back so the bristles are only about 3/4 long. This makes them very stiff allowing me to transfer the paste wax from the jar to the pad.

Normally the wax can be pretty firm but warming it up in the sun softens it nicely making transfer to the pad easier.
We never have any warm sun where I live.

kb2ehj
01-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Tried to use some Natty Blue today and it was in chunks, so I used a app pad to take it out and put on the buffer pad. Guessing there is a better way?

You can also 'remelt' it if your careful, I've done it several times to both my Red and Blue. Just place the tub(lid off) in a pan of boiling water and watch it carefully as both these have ingredients that are flammable.

Mark

Emm
01-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Plastic putty knife works

Mike Phillips
01-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Wipe the wrench that comes with your DA Polisher clean and use the handle?

That's what I've read other's do, if you think about it, it's kind of like a big flat butter knife and you usually have it around when you're detailing cars.

:)

rfinkle2
01-31-2011, 11:11 AM
the above are all great ideas. you can also cut a cube right out of the center, and rub it on the pad (maybe with gloves on), and replace the cube in its hole when finished.

LegacyGT
01-31-2011, 11:22 AM
I have found that if you spend a few minutes squeezing and working the sides of the jar it will slip right out. This has worked with my fuzion and soüveran. Instead of using a glove, I dedicate a clean microfiber towel to hold the puck with while applying to the pad so I don't have to keep cleaning my hands or worry about contaminating the wax. So in essence I drape the microfiber over the tub and when ready for more wax turn it upside down and grab it with the towel, apply, then put back into the tub.

Old Tiger
01-31-2011, 06:42 PM
I have rubbed a baggie in the wax and transferred it to the pad. I like hand app of LSP's.

Emm
01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
I always prefer to apply by machine, liquids and paste waxes.

scrib13
01-31-2011, 08:32 PM
thanks everyone, Scott "scrib13"