PDA

View Full Version : Went to the detailing 101 & 102 and Iwas a little dissapointed.....

ShineTimeDetail
01-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Went to the detailing 101 & 102 and Iwas a little dissapointed..... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-saturday-detailing-101/32325-went-detailing-101-102-iwas-little-dissapointed.html)

LOL

Not!

I was very skeptical but came with an open mind. I really came to learn a little on high speed buffer but learned some good stuff in 101.

We all ate dinner at the hotel. I almost skipped out on dinner cause the misses only let me get 4 hours of sleep Friday night LOL. I'm real glad I grabbed a red bull and headed down to dinner bc it was real cool talking to mike and the other guys too!

Today was real cool and I definitely have the confidence to pick my buffer back up to start using it. I was a little upset when I got there and saw they where streaming it live on the Internet. But I don't regret one bit spending the money on this. Seriously well well worth it!

Got to take a tour of the whole building here the success story of autogeek and got some freebies! We all got a small can of Fuzion signed by Max and Mike, a DVD on machine polishing signed by both, and a good old Christmas micro fiber LOL.

I'm a little upset bc I can't find my DVD but when I got home I had to try out the Fuzion so I waxed my black detail trailer bc I didn't have time to do the car LOL. Oh and we got a bottle of pinnacle swirl remover!

Man you guys need to check it out next time for sure!! Really I am not getting paid to give them all this praise I'm just super psyched that I got the opportunity to be there!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/xyxthumbs.gif

BobbyG
01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
You really had me wit the title of this thread! :laughing:

While I've never been to any of the classes I would expect them to be a first class offering in parallel with everything else Autogeek undertakes.

Mike Phillips has a way about him, his style and skill level combined with his personal arsenal of knowledge and experience makes these classes a real winner...:props:

Mazda.Mark
01-30-2011, 09:20 PM
watched it all online looked awesome!

Fly bye
01-30-2011, 09:26 PM
I almost skipped out on dinner cause the misses only let me get 4 hours of sleep Friday night lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/tsarkes/emoticons/egads.gif

tuscarora dave
01-30-2011, 10:33 PM
I missed all the academic stuff because I chose to sleep in but saw most of the hands on stuff both Saturday and Sunday. I like what Mike said about the baggy test bag, I think it was..."If we all used this bag we could call it the disease transference device.":laughing:

On a serious note though, I was glad to see the machine sanding in action. I just wish all cars were sprayed heavy on the clear like those hoods were.

Thanks Max for allowing the live feed!! Mike I don't envy you in that setting, you were in demand all over that place. Great job!!

I would really love to attend one of those classes and while I am glad to be back to having a steady job now, I'm kind of bummed because now I won't be able to come to detail fest which I had been planning on doing. Oh well maybe next year.

Fly bye
01-30-2011, 11:41 PM
I missed all the academic stuff because I chose to sleep in

I also slept in, and I'm located 3 time zones later. Plus they knocked off an hour early.

I missed all of it :(

Mike Phillips
02-01-2011, 09:46 AM
LOL not!

When I first read the title I was holding my breath till I brought up the thread... glad to hear you weren't dissapointed...

I was very skeptical but came with an open mind. I really came to learn a little on high speed buffer but learned some good stuff in 101.

A long time ago after calling on body shops, dealerships and detailers I quickly learned to be open to new ideas, products and procedures...

We all ate dinner at the hotel. I almost skipped out on dinner cause the misses only let me get 4 hours of sleep Friday night LOL. I'm real glad I grabbed a red bull and headed down to dinner bc it was real cool talking to mike and the other guys too!

The Saturday night GTG at the Marriott-Courtyard is always fun, I love having a chance to talk shop in a casual environment and that's what the lounge and the outdoor fire pit provide at the Marriott plus it's really close to the Autogeek facilities.

Today was real cool and I definitely have the confidence to pick my buffer back up to start using it. I was a little upset when I got there and saw they where streaming it live on the Internet. But I don't regret one bit spending the money on this. Seriously well well worth it!

This was the first time we've done anything like this and we learned some lessons along the way, on a personal note, I absolutely loved the experience of working with the class while all the time understanding we had a cyber-audience.

I'm a little upset bc I can't find my DVD but when I got home

Send me your shipping address and we'll get a replacement out to you today...

Man you guys need to check it out next time for sure!! Really I am not getting paid to give them all this praise I'm just super psyched that I got the opportunity to be there!

:xyxthumbs:

Here's Tom and his car...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1035/Tom002.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1035/Tom003.jpg

WRAPT C5Z06
02-01-2011, 09:53 AM
LOL not!

Got to take a tour of the whole building here the success story of autogeek and got some freebies! We all got a small can of Fuzion signed by max and mike, a DVD on machine polishing signed by both, and a good old Christmas micro fiber LOL.

I'm a little upset bc I can't find my DVD but when I got home I had to try out the Fuzion so I waxed my black detail trailer bc I didn't have time to do the car LOL. Oh and we got a bottle of pinnacle swirl remover!

:righton:

Shawn T.
02-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Had me a little worried at the title........lol

Glad to hear it was great!

How much is one of these classes?

Bobby B.
02-01-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm glad you had a great time at the classes this past weekend Tom. The Mustang wheels look great in your Police Interceptor makes it look like a Marauder.