PDA

View Full Version : To those at the classes...and others

silverfox
01-30-2011, 04:52 PM
I would like to know your opinions of the finishing polishes you used in class, namely, Wolf Gang Finishing Glaze, 3M Ultra Fine Machine Polish, Menzerna PO85RD, and Optimum Hyper Polish. I could not be there to work these products and I'm on the fence as to which one to use next spring on my new Camaro. I know a lot depends on pad selection and so forth, but I'd be using a 5.5" Hydro tech tangerine pad most likely with a PCxp.

They all seemed to do the job obviously, but I'm sure if you had to rank them, what would that ranking be in terms of dusting, ease of use, wipe down, etc. I'm only interested in opinions from those who have actually had a chance to use all of these products as a basis for comparison. I'm sure there are other fine products as well...but for those who saw how these compared I'd be greatful for some feedback.

My car is in new condition, so I'm not concerned about having to do any correcting other than what a finishing polish with a finishing/fine polishing pad would do.

C. Charles Hahn
01-30-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm a big fan of Optimum Hyper Polish and 3M Ultrafina, as neither seem to dust at all, wipe off very easy, and finish down great. I just picked up 85RD recently and have yet to try it.

Most recently I polished out my silver Envoy Denali with OHP on a tangerine HT using an original PC (Meg's G100) and found it to be an excellent combination to take care of some very light clay marring. I don't doubt it would do well on the Camaro considering how soft that paint tends to be.

ShineTimeDetail
01-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Honestly its hard to say. We had 5 guys per hood so once we switched the other hoods had already been corrected. I started with the optimum spray compound and thought it was great!

Now the buffers were easy with the new flex, makita, 3m then the dewalt all of the way at the bottom.

Class was well worth the money!

A.P.A.D.
01-31-2011, 07:15 PM
hey Tom! good to meet u at the classes.

i liked the ease of used with spraying the opt spray compound on the pad, but the one huge downfall more me with the product is the amount of fling and splatter that is produced when using the product. the
Menzerna polish had to follow the Opt polish on the hood as well since the opt did not leave a perfect finish. big ups to Mr Marauder(really bad with names, sorry) for that.

i loved the new flex and the new 3m rotors. awesome machines. quit, smooth, and easy to work with.