PDA

View Full Version : Hi Temp Wax Performs in Sub Zero

XB70
01-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Back in late October, I detailed my Oxford White 2005 F250. This winter, I decided to try Finish Kare 1000p Hi Temp Wax as a last step product.

Today was the first opportunity I had to wash the truck (temperatures hit 44F) and I am really pleased with both durability and reflectivity after three months of Northwest Wyoming winter. The truck's been hosed off a couple of times, but I've used no spray detailer or booster wax (I like Dura Gloss Aqua Wax) since applying the 1000p.

I used Meguiar's Detailer Line Hyper-Wash (the 400:1 dillution stuff) for the first time and thought it was great. It produced very nice suds and was effective in removing the grime from my truck.

I'm not a fan of paste waxes simply because I detail my vehicles because I like the results, not the work involved. For me, detailing is a necessary anal evil, not a hobby. Up to now, I've used Meguiar's M21 sealant with very good results, but the Finish Kare 1000p seems to be superior in durability and looks.

I didn't like:

Applying and removing three thin coats (12 hours apart) by hand to my 4X4 F250 with camper shell.

I liked:

The price.

Ease of removal.

The gloss/reflectivity on white paint. I gave a friend a ride today and he commented on the reflections on the white hood of my truck. He said it reminded him of the night lights scene in the movie Cars after the neon had been replaced in Radiator Springs.

Slick finish - less crap sticks!

Durability - it looks as good as it did back in October!

I also polished and applied 1000p to the headlights, tail lights and Lexan stone shields and glass lenses of my Hella Rallye 4000 driving lights. 1000p is doing a great job repelling muck and letting more lumens shine though.

I didn't have time for pictures Maybe tomorrow if it doesn't snow. If not, we will see how things look in Spring.

Thanks to the black sheep of the Meguiar's family for a great product!

Hey! I just found the product review section. Right after I posted my thread in the wrong place.

ScottB
01-30-2011, 11:10 AM
I can only add its pretty darn durable in high summer heat sessions in Southern Florida too.

akimel
02-01-2011, 12:01 AM
I applied three coats of 1000p to our CR-V in early October. The car has since been through several ordinary hand washings and two coin-op washes. The sealant is still beading, and the car looks great. I have been very impressed with 1000p. I will be using it as my winter wax next year, too.

TWEEDERTWEEK
02-01-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm gonna have to check this out.

akimel
02-01-2011, 12:35 AM
1000p has a signature look that is slightly different from other sealants I have used. After it's been allowed to cure for a couple of days, it looks like an extra layer of clear coat has been applied. It also sheds dirt very well. And the price makes it an outstanding value. I recommend 1000p highly.

CEE DOG
02-04-2011, 01:58 PM
XB, when was it sub zero? Do you mean after application?

Akimel has mentioned this wax to me before. I'm going to have to try it out someday.

XB70
02-08-2011, 01:19 AM
XB, when was it sub zero? Do you mean after application?

Akimel has mentioned this wax to me before. I'm going to have to try it out someday.

I applied in in October. In my garage. The truck's been in -20F since.