PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Bottles from Autogeek

Pages : [1] 2 3

PPLd
01-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I purchased 2 Meguiar's Detailer line bottles in my last order (3 weeks ago. It took over 2 weeks to handle my order from Paypal...).
Last Touch bottle and Hyper Dressing bottle.
I added a sprayer for 1st and no sprayer for 2nd.

When I received my package yesterday, I opened it and is a bit disappointed:
- First, Autogeek really mean "bottle" only. They do not come with a lid/cover/cap. I cannot store any product in the "cap-less" bottles (which is my original purpose of buying those bottles).
- Second, the sprayer is too short. It cant reach the bottom of bottle (about half inch away...). There is a gap between the bottle and sprayer's screw mount also. It appears that those sprayers are not originally designed for use on the Meguiar's bottles. Sprayers do not look the same as what I had before (from XXX).

I know the bottles are just a few dollars, but...
If you are going to buy Meguiar's bottles, I recommend buying from XXX instead.

dougaross
01-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Call Customer Service - they are very good. I am sure they will try to make things right.

PPLd
01-30-2011, 02:25 AM
How do I contact Customers Service?
Is there email for them?
(I am International Customer)

dougaross
01-30-2011, 07:34 AM
How do I contact Customers Service?
Is there email for them?
(I am International Customer)

Contact Info from AG website:
Email us (http://www.autogeek.net/contactus.html) or call us toll free at 1-800-869-3011 from 10 am-6 pm EST, Monday-Friday, and 10 am – 4 pm on Saturday. Canadian residents call 1-866-889-0695. International customers call 1-772-286-2701. Se habla espanol!

Flash Gordon
01-30-2011, 07:37 AM
They didn't include the caps??? Man, you really do have a valid complaint

Good Luck

PPLd
01-30-2011, 08:20 AM
OK Thanks for the info.
I am afraid it is not cost effective for me to mail a plastic bottle of USD$2 back to USA and ask for refund/exchange.

I am actually placing another order for some accessories...
Maybe they can try to include the small caps or possibly a new sprayer in my package?
I guess I have to make an IDD to PBMA at 1am (I am GMT+8) LOL...

I will come back and post an update on this...

dougaross
01-30-2011, 08:56 AM
OK Thanks for the info.
I am afraid it is not cost effective for me to mail a plastic bottle of USD$2 back to USA and ask for refund/exchange.

I am actually placing another order for some accessories...
Maybe they can try to include the small caps or possibly a new sprayer in my package?
I guess I have to make an IDD to PBMA at 1am (I am GMT+8) LOL...

I will come back and post an update on this...

In your next order put something in the comment box regarding your problem

Jason
01-30-2011, 10:14 AM
This is how the bottle come from the factory. Thats why we recomend getting sprayers with them. All store sell them the same way. some may show pictures on the images but the pictures are misleading as the copy states-
Product Info: *Empty bottle only. Does not include trigger sprayer

We do offer sprayers with the 6 pack-
Meguiar's Detailing Spray Bottles 6 Pack- Your Choice! (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-dispensing-bottles.html)

slimnib
01-30-2011, 10:44 AM
This is how the bottle come from the factory. Thats why we recomend getting sprayers with them. All store sell them the same way. some may show pictures on the images but the pictures are misleading as the copy states-
Product Info: *Empty bottle only. Does not include trigger sprayer

We do offer sprayers with the 6 pack-
Meguiar's Detailing Spray Bottles 6 Pack- Your Choice! (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-dispensing-bottles.html)

. I can understand not including a spayer as part of a bottle purchase. But no cap. Give us a break.

Jason
01-30-2011, 10:49 AM
. I can understand not including a spayer as part of a bottle purchase. But no cap. Give us a break.

Thats how the bottles are packaged, but I will put in a request.

proudpoppa
01-30-2011, 11:15 AM
personally, i've never seen a spray bottle that came with a cap. either a sprayer or nothing. more often than not it was just the bottle and if it came with a sprayer they were junk.

BobbyG
01-30-2011, 02:07 PM
I almost made the same mistake when I ordered 6 of Meguiar's spray bottles but saw "Sprayer Not Included" and added it for $1.00 at the time of purchase.

Autogeek received them these bottles from Meguiar's this way but when's the last time you saw spray bottles with the sprayer sold separately? Personally, if I were Meguiar's I'd start including the spray heads with the bottles and charge a buck or two more to avoid frustration on the customers part..

2old2change
01-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Some retailers sell with sprayers but most without. I think this is due to some products requiring special heavy duty heads for stronger chemicals. As far as caps, never have seen them offered. Most of my bottles are stored with the sprayer left attached.Having spare caps is not a bad idea really.

mg6045
01-30-2011, 02:37 PM
These are Meguiars products. If you wanted a complete bottle with a cap or sprayer, you should have scrolled down the screen and bought the Autogeek product. It comes as shown in the picture. With either a cap or sprayer. They also sell the spare parts in the same link at the bottom of the page.

I cant see how you could possibly blame Autogeek for this , when its not there in house product and that is how Meg's sells it.

Although I can agree with you on the fact of the sprayer not being sized correctly. They should stock the Meg's sprayers for the Meg's bottles. Having too short of a sprayer is just plain annoying IMO !

I like the idea of selling bottles without sprayers. You save money in the end as you will find that most sprayers are garbage anyway, and will likely get thrown away. Many people, including myself, are very picky about which sprayers make them happy.

MirandaAutoSpa
01-30-2011, 04:44 PM
I like the Meguairs bottles myself, but We have found that LA's Totally Awesome cleaner you can buy from the dollar stores are the same exact bottles, size and thickness wise. they even come with a nice cap that have a pour spout. I bought a case and reuse the bottles and label them myself. for a buck each with a nice cap, I cant see why I would buy it. Plus this stuff is amazing on carpet stains. I know I know...weird but true. :props: