PDA

View Full Version : Which AIO?

VW 91
01-29-2011, 06:55 PM
I currently have the Meguiars #66 quick detailer wax, and XMT 360. I have noticed that the #66 doesn't have much cutting ability, and the XMT 360 has more cutting ability, but it is minimal. The meguiars is supposed to last 2-3 months and the XMT 360 3-4 months. I was wondering for those that have used XMT 360 what kind of durability are you getting? Everytime I've used I've topped it with another wax so I want to know what to expect from the 360 alone. I was also wondering about D151. I know it has more cutting ability then both the products mentioned, but how durable is the D151? Thanks and I appreciate your input!

C. Charles Hahn
01-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Haven't tried D151, but what are you trying to remove with M66? I've always gotten pretty good cut with it on light to moderate swirls....

Shawn T.
01-29-2011, 07:34 PM
M66 has a fair amount of cut especially since it is a cleaner/wax. It is on par with M80 in terms of aggressiveness.

D151 has more cut than M66 and is a great AIO for some people. I say some people because I truly dislike the stuff. It is way too thick and wipe off is just never easy. I prefer M66.

Rsurfer
01-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Klasse is a very good AIO.

VW 91
01-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Haven't tried D151, but what are you trying to remove with M66? I've always gotten pretty good cut with it on light to moderate swirls....

Just that, light to moderate swirls. But now that I think about about it I've tried it mainly on lighter coloured silver cars, and one VW Jetta, but the VW's have harder clear. Hmm, maybe I'll have to try it on darker colour car. What pad are you using?

M66 has a fair amount of cut especially since it is a cleaner/wax. It is on par with M80 in terms of aggressiveness.

D151 has more cut than M66 and is a great AIO for some people. I say some people because I truly dislike the stuff. It is way too thick and wipe off is just never easy. I prefer M66.

Yea, that is one reason why I'm skeptical about trying D151. One thing I cannot complain about M66 is the ease of use.

VW 91
01-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Klasse is a very good AIO.

I was contemplating Klasse, but its not nearly as cost effective as M66 or D151.

Finemess
01-29-2011, 08:52 PM
I've had good luck with 360 on a orange pad on the wifes Honda, now using it on her Edge with great results. Get 2-3 months out of it. About half way, I'll top it with spray wax to spuce it up.

C. Charles Hahn
01-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Just that, light to moderate swirls. But now that I think about about it I've tried it mainly on lighter coloured silver cars, and one VW Jetta, but the VW's have harder clear. Hmm, maybe I'll have to try it on darker colour car. What pad are you using?

I mostly use Meg's yellow polishing pads with it (W-8006), but I also have used LC CCS orange cutting pads and tangerine HT pads successfully. This is with a Flex 3401 DA.

VW 91
01-29-2011, 10:02 PM
I mostly use Meg's yellow polishing pads with it (W-8006), but I also have used LC CCS orange cutting pads and tangerine HT pads successfully. This is with a Flex 3401 DA.

Ok, im using the PC 7424xp so that's why your getting better correction with it.. Have you used it with a rotary? Im going to be buying one in the near future hopefully (2-3 weeks).

kb2ehj
01-29-2011, 11:16 PM
I like D151 myself, yes it's thick, but you don't need to use a lot of it per section. I've also never had a problem with wiping any of it up afterwords. It's not going to correct every swirl, but it will get the majority of the light ones.

If you would like a sample, pm your address and i'll throw some in the mail for you.

Mark

VW 91
01-29-2011, 11:36 PM
I like D151 myself, yes it's thick, but you don't need to use a lot of it per section. I've also never had a problem with wiping any of it up afterwords. It's not going to correct every swirl, but it will get the majority of the light ones.

If you would like a sample, pm your address and i'll throw some in the mail for you.

Mark

PM'd :xyxthumbs:

C. Charles Hahn
01-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Ok, im using the PC 7424xp so that's why your getting better correction with it.. Have you used it with a rotary? Im going to be buying one in the near future hopefully (2-3 weeks).

Can't say that I've tried it with my rotary, no. I have used it with a G100 (first-gen PC 7424) though, and while the correction ability isn't quite as good, it's still not bad if you're working on softer paint. Most of what I work with are harder GM clears, which is why I always reach for the 3401. I'd imagine it would be just as good or better with the rotary; I'll have to play with it sometime.